Anus is inflamed and itchy

Posted , 2 users are following.

My anus has been itching for the past 9-10 month's now. I had a case of thrombosed hemmorhoids but I have successfully recovered by maintaining a healthy diet. But ever since the recovery I've had this itching sensation in my anus. It starts whenever I walk for about 15-30 minutes. And whenever I wipe down there it feels like the sides of anus is inflamed. It is not hemorrhoids because I know how a hemorrhoid feels. This feels like how normal skin inflammation is.

I went to the doctor and he said I had worms.

I took oral medications and felt a little better. But now this itching has started again.

Do you have any idea what is causing this itching because I really want to get rid of it ?

What can be associated with inflammation and itching of the anus ?

It would really help if someone could provide some advice!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry cant help,in same situation, seems to be a very common problem but with no easy solution this one.  Can be a yeast infection( candida) swab test never showed this to be in by case though.And i havn't got worms either.

Like you would love to find a cure i really would but i also get severe itching after having a shower all over, and only using water as well!  mainly arms and legs,   Again when i looked on google another problem for many but no cure, no solution. Both driving me mad.

• Posted

It's a terrible thing to have as it is affecting my quality of life. I just don't feel normal anymore.

I'll take sitz bath for a while and see if it helps in anyway.

Let's hope we do get rid of it at some point!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.