Anus puritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I really suffer from anal itch. Could it be from my diet or supplements?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Mine is from a nickel allergy. You can see a dermatologist for skin testing not to be confused with the normal allergy testing for things like dust, mold, pollen. That is a different test. This test applies certain things to the skin. They cover the skin for a day or two- can’t remember now exactly how long. But if you are allergic you will get an itchy patch. They then peel off the covering and check for reactions. Mine was nickel and some thickener used in foods. Anyway doctor said what goes in must come out, so when you excrete your unneeeded food( go to bathroom) it passes out. I have a bad case of contact dermatitis from this. Yours may be something other than mine of course but when I found out it was nickel I looked up high nickel content foods. Cashews is very high. I ate some - not many and wow the itching started very quickly.  So good luck. That’s my advice. I had suffered for 12 years 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.