Anxcity and tension

Posted , 5 users are following.

Guys will this tension ever stop!!! Its like in back of my throat and neck i have it non stop then odd days i dont get it uffff hoped the meds would help we this please i need to reasurance or support x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. It does get better. I couldn't even swallow my food, it got so bad. Also felt like someone was sitting on my chest. I started taking citaloprom. And it started to go away after 4or5 weeks. Brutal. Hope if gets better for ya. You taking meds?
  • Posted

You say it's anxiety that causes your tension...do you know this for sure. What meds are you on? How long have you been on them? If you are on meds and these are making the situation worse then return to your GP and there is no guarantee that a particular medication is going to suit everyone.
    • Posted

I wa in citalopram but now on sertraline its been bout 9 week or so
  • Posted

Have you been offered counselling?

I know when I was diagnosed with depression, there was underlying anxiety issues. The anxiety then began to overtake my life.

I was paranoid about going out in case people said things about me.

I then went for counselling, luckily I was admitted to the priory for three months and it probably saved my life.

Push for counselling - it helps.

Hugs xxx

• Posted

Thanks love and yes but im on a waiting list :-/ x
  • Posted

Hi brod sorry to hear all the **** you going through.its not nice as we all know. Sometimes meds don't agree with us .I was on sert for 9 weeks and they made my life hell.I went cold turkey and that was easy than taking sert. I went in CIT and they have been great .OK I have had adverse reaction as we all do.I also went to private hypnosis and that was brilliant .I paid £60 per hour for 6 session's. Best thing I have ever done.it worked that well it ..,I went back and he nearly cured my stammer. I still stammer as and when and I never get anxious. There is different ways to overcome .its like tending a garden if you look after it .you will have a lovely garden with notice flowers if you Dont you will only have weeds .just like your mind. Look after it and think nice thoughts its hard but you will get there. I have a mp3 file of a track called a click track its a hypnosis track which will help anyone lesson there an anxiety if you want it message me and I'll send it to you.it works with any anxiaty . no tricks

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.