Anxeity/body dysmorphia about hairline

Posted , 1 user is following.

Extremely insecure about my hair because of the my right side of my hairline, I had a rash few years ago and left it untreated which has made me lose some of my hair on the right side temple. The left side is compltely normal. I get really anxious when i see it in mirros and can't stop looking at my hair it when i see a mirror. I'd spend hours trying to comb my hair in a way where you can't see my right hair line. The first thing i do when i wake up is look at the right side of my hair line and if it's exposed it which makes me anxious because i know others will see it too. I'd often sit there and anaylse every single hair strand along my hairline to make sure it's perfect. I've often contemplated about getting a hair transplant to fix the right side but i know it'll only make my compulsion worse.

I'd spend hours looking at the mirror trying different hairstyles to see which one looks the best for me. After a while, i start sweating from the anxiety and often would have to shower and restart the whole process again.

There would be days where i wouldn't think about it at all because my hair lays the way i like it and covers the right side of my hairline, on other days i would see my right hair line exposed and it would ruin my day. I'm overly obessed about my hair to the point where it dictates how i'll feel for the whole day.

Can anyone share some tips on how to manage situation? will exposure therapy help?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.