Anxeity from WD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I just started to taper down my mirtazapine after 8 months of usage. I had 0.75 of my dose last night. Am feeling terribly anxious today. My taper schedule is to take 0.75 / take full dose alternate for three weeks before moving towards more tapering. 

My question is this? Is it normal to feel anxious right away (as a result of wd)? Or is the rapid return of anxiety a symptom that my depression is returning?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I'm 2 weeks off it, sounds normal to me. Relax and treat yourself as if you are recovering from flu, eat well, sleep as well as you are able and eat what you can. Ignore your symptoms just know that your brain is recovering and trying to function without this drug.

• Posted

Most anxiety is self induced, just chill
    • Posted

Thanks Sara. Do you mind me asking what your taper schedule was. Just wanna compare it with mine. Thanks a lot though for your reassuring comments. They have already helped me a lot.
    • Posted

Hiya, I didn't take it too seriously to be be honest. I was on 15mg. I took 1/4 of the tablet away every 3 weeks. When I was on the last quarter I cut tiny bits off every few weeks. I did this from my last strip/pack.

You may or may not get withdrawals. They don't happen overnight after a drop as they have a long half life of a couple of weeks. So take comfort in that nothing drastic will happen. Take extra care of yourself around your last quarter. Carry on with your schedulal and pay your syptoms little respect. Adding fear to a RECOVERING body/mind will make your symptoms 10 fold. Trust me, I have had seratonin syndrome twice!

• Posted

You're a legend Sara. Thanks. I'm gonna chill out more now. My taper schedule is a lot more conservative so I should be fine.
    • Posted

I too am cutting down from 15 mg
    • Posted

Great stuff, if you have any worries along your way message me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.