Anxiety ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Suppose we have all felt like that at some point, but I am at one of the lowest points of my life. Diagnosed with depression a few days ago, was prescribed fluoxetine 20mg. Which even thou I was nervous I took one immediately as I thought I couldn't feel any worse than I already do. First time on AD and I'm in day 3 and I have awful anxiety which I didn't have before, I have had constant worry since late last night. Seem to have anxiety about everything , has anyone experienced this before ? Depression is bad but experiencing both is horrendous

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Faye it's horrible isn't it! And you feel alone and like no one understands you! I constantly think why me? Will this go away? Please make me better! But we're not alone and we will get better! We have felt good before so we know we will feel good again! Don't loose any positivity you may have! Fluoxetine made me feel horrendous I have been on them for 3.5 weeks and still feel pretty shitty, but I do have some good moments each day so I am hopful they will come about more often shortly! Stick with the AD a short bit of pain is worth a brighter future. I use rescue remedy through out the day, that might help you? I get it from boots and I use kalmz of a night to help me sleep. There are also a couple of anxiety apps you can download if you have a smart phone, I use max Kirsten hypnotherapy, only downloaded it yesterday but seems good enough. Make sure you also try and look for the small positives in anything like the warm sun, or the sound of the rain, it helps me focus. Last thing you will get better! X
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the message, feel for what you are going throu but it's comforting to think I'm not the only person going thou this. Still on the tablets, but I am experiencing a dopey feeling, I know what's happening around me but feels like I'm experiencing it from a step back, if you know what I mean ? Thank you for all your advice  and also downloaded the max Kirsten which has helped me with the anxiety, I do hope you will feel better soon and thanks once agin for taking the time to  give me your advice, take care 
  • Posted

Hi Faye

I really feel for you, When I first took fluox a couple of years ago for anxiety they made it 10 times worse for a week or so (everybody is different though so don't be put off). I thought I would never get better and feel normal again. However, once they kicked in it was a tremendous feeling so stick with them. Also, because I was so desperate and scared I asked my GP for very low dose diazepam to take whilst the fluox was kicking in which helped. I came off the fluox only a few months ago as I had been fine but I am back on them now as more stress raered it's ugly head to do with work and the side effects were back but not quite as bad and only lasted a few days. Please try and stick with them - kind regards Sue

• Posted

Thank you for the advice,  the anxiety is still there but not as intense, still feel very depressed , was going to give up on the AD  but will carry on taking them now I have read your post. I hope you start feeling better soon. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.