Anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello again.

I have my appointment tommorrow at 9am, and I was wondering if anyone else has had a panic/anxiety attack and had to have an echo scan on your chest/heart area. im just a little worried on thinking what he may say, could anyone share some light on what they normally do in these appointments.

Thank you all

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I need to make an appointment too my chest pains have been coming more and more.
  • Posted

I need to make an appointment too my chest pains have been coming more and more.
  • Posted

You really have nothing to worry about. I had mine a few weeks ago. All you have to do is simply lay back and they will do all the work. The will simply put some gel on a wand and rub it on your chest. Assuming it's the same as mine, you will be able to watch on the screen. It's effortless and painless. Most technicians will not tell you about the results but they are knowledgeable. I found it helpful to ask a lot of questions about what you are looking at and what is being scanned. That way if it comes back as normal you can reassure yourself about your heart. Helped with my anxiety
  • Posted

I had this done in the beginning also, its just like the other person George said, I had mitral valve prolapse, and now its better. Its painless. You'll be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.