Anxiety!

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi people,

I have been suffering with daily anxiety and depersonalization for a while now and it's awful. I just want to know what are you fears and triggers and what causes yours? I have a massive fear of having seizures, which I don't have but had one when I was 13 and it was pretty horrible in front of a crowd of people. I haven't had one since, i'm 22 now and 24/7 I think im gon a have a fit any second! (The seizure didn't cause my current depersonalization Anxiety etc).

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Depression, guilt, and regret caused my anxiety and panic attacks.

And now I have fear of cancer and MS because of my health anxiety symptoms.

But im actually recovering from anxiety now. This is my second week off meds and retraining my brain to think differently.

I hike and pray a lot and breathing exercises.

Anxiety always tries to creep up but im still fighting anxiety. Im desperate to live my normal life again. There's hope.

Sincerely Wendy Esther

• Posted

We are talking 7 years ago now since your seizure. That's a long time. You need to think of it as something that happened in the past. The more you dwell on it the worse it will get. What did cause your current depersonalisation/anxiety you must have some idea what the trigger was? If you haven't discussed this properly with a doctor he's not going to have a proper idea how to treat/help you. Sometimes just talking to someone helps. What about the Samaritans. They man the phones 24/7 and they are good listeners.
    • Posted

Yeah. I kept getting prolonged hemiplegic migraines this time last year which stems from stress from work. I had to leave work last July as myself and HR agreed as I had quite a lot of time off in spares. But work was a trigger for panic attacks and the migraines. I had an extremely bad reaction October to citolopram in October which caused the depersonalization. Basically it sent me on a very bad trip that lasted a day and half and bad vomiting. Ive been having cbt for 6 weeks now and she's only just got an understanding to what my problem is.
    • Posted

Most times during therapy something will come up to trigger anxiety. But keep it up. It will help. You will gain tools to learn to cope and deal with the anxiety. The therapist needs to see what triggers, so they will know how to work with it.
  • Posted

The trigger can be anything at all from something that has actually frightened us or just some obscure phobia where we think something might frighten us.

A common one is anthropophobia where we fear other people.

• Posted

can you tell me what depersonalisation is please?
    • Posted

It is a dissociative disorder (mental health condition) that alters a person's sense of reality.
  • Posted

Your young its easier to fight it. PROMISE you will get better. If anyone had dp and dr I had it very severe when I was 14yrs old I dont wanna tell you the story so you dont freak out but if I recovered then you will too.

Force yourself into reality and find something of interest that gets you motivated eventually you will ignore it and wont affect you and fully dissappear.

I didn't take medication either as it made the symptoms of dissociation worse.

Its the hardest thing I know. I have it again now with other symptoms and I wish I can practice what I preach but mines a long story.

God bless everyone x

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's so awful, it feel like I don't know who I am anymore, it's like being on auto pilot, I hate it and it's the most challenging thing ever. Everyday feels like a day dream and on some kinda trip. I think it's a fear of losing control. I have noticed I've started to question absolutely everything, why do I have an eyesight, are these really my hands? Why do my knees bend, why do I speak and what's this voice and noise coming put of my mouth Lol. It's absolutely crazy to think like it, I feel like I've gone round the twist!!

do you get it everyday? I've had it most days since October, I have some really good days and then I just go so flat and emotionless the next...

• Posted

Hi

I have it all the time. I question alot especially people

And having a conversation trip me out and every thing I think off. 

like any sentence that comes out of my mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.