Anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 15 and diagnosed with anxiety disorder. While I was riding the bus home I had what felt similar to the symptoms of an anxiety attack but it did not feel the same. I was not wearing heavy clothes it was relatively cold outside, but I started sweating. First the back of my neck than everywhere (this all happened in almost 2min - 5min) I was of school so I took off my over shirt. I was just wearing a tank top, a skirt, and underwears, but I could not seem to cool down. My head started pounding and all I wanted to do was take off all of my clothes. It was sufficating. When the bus dropped me off I got home as soon as possible and changed into the shortest shorts I could find and the lightest top. I put my hair up and wiped the sweat with a cold towel but it was still pretty bad. I thought I might have had a fever that just broke, so I checked my temperature. It was between 96 and 97 F. What was happening?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There are symptoms that will come out of no where with anxiety that you never had before. It is scary but if something bad was to happen it would of happened instantly not a hour or two later.
    • Posted

I get what you mean there. I don't think I explained it very well (I was a little bit freaking out) in the begin thread. In the comment for lisalisa67 I think I was able to explain what I felt was the difference better. Thank you for helping. smile
  • Posted

Yes that is an anxiety attack. Its your adrenaline and hormones kind of rushing through your body. Maybe if you have a way to put in headphones and listen to your favorite music on the bus rides it would be calming. Try to slowly do breathing and think about your absolute favorite place or memory and see if you can shift your thoughts to a great time and place.
    • Posted

That is what I usually do because I have a lot of anxiety attacks on the bus, but I don't think this was the same. It did not feel like the same thing. When I have anxiety attacks it's like I an jittery and nervous, but in this case I felt like all of the energy was drained out of me, leaving me with only heat. (which technically does not make sense because heat is energy xD)

Thank you for alll the tips those will come in useful. cheesygrin

• Posted

What strikes me in your story is that you didn't seem to be upset when this was happening, or did you leave that out of it? It sounds more like an unpleasant event, which you solved very practically:-).

There could be several different reasons for this heat episode. Did you have your hormone levels checked recently? Expecially your thyroid? And your blood sugar level? Could it be a side effect of any meds you are on? Did you also feel jittery/weak?

• Posted

Lol. After the 2-5min sweat thing I had a normal anxiety attack because it scared me so bad. I get sick a lot so I'm used to dealing with weird situation like this.

I have not had my hormone levels checked recently, including my thyroid, and my family does have past history of thyroid conditions, heart conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. It might be I will check all the symptoms and see if one matches up. I did feel weak, though I'm not sure if I felt jittery.

• Posted

Ah, OK, that explains it, you are an experienced patient;-)

If I were you i would do that blood panel, if nothing shows up, at least you can exclude a few causes. There must be a reason why it felt different this time.

• Posted

To true. 

Thank you very much. I will talk with my parents and hopefully we can do the blood panel. I've learned (being an experienced patient) no matter how small the problem it does not hurt to check it out. Nothing can be more dangerous than sweeping your problem under the rug. smile

• Posted

Very sensible, and while you're at it; also have your vit. B12 and D checked, deficiencies in these often go hand in hand with metabolic problems.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.