anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does any 1 with anxiety suffer with muscle and back pain  or is it just me lol

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get really tense in my shoulders and they hurt when I lift them. Muscular pain it is some day I have it worse than others. 
    • Posted

Right I get back pain and pain in my pectorals and shoulders 
    • Posted

It's all part of anexity awful thing we have to put up with but least we know we have everyone on here who is going through the same as us. 
    • Posted

Ye we get more help from people who suffer the same thing at home nothing lol its nice to know people are here to help I still think I don't have anxiety but something wrong but unfortunately it is anxiety but it will pass 
  • Posted

It's not just you but if you're looking for an explanation:

Try doing some exercise when you haven't exercised before, at all, in your life. What happens to your body? Muscle pain. Aches. It takes a lot of getting used to. A user on here discussed the concept of a symptom called Fibromyalgia - a few people have, in fact - could explain everything for you if you have difficulty defining how you feel, or what it is your body is doing. What people often have a hard time working out is how 'your mind' can do that. Well, easily, if you understand physiology. Your brain can make you feel a lot of very weird things, and psychosomatic pain may be one of them.

• Posted

That's really mad that lol I use to be in army I know all pains from exercise but I haven't exercised in a few years I walk and have done a bit of running now and agane 
    • Posted

I was using the pains you get after strenuous exercise as an example.

Basically, when suffering anxiety, your body reacts how it would in a state of fear - it becomes tense. Like during exercise, your body becomes similarly tense. As in exercise, your body may be using muscles it didn't know existed. Similarly with anxiety, your mind may be using muscles you didn't know existed.

Thus, Fibromyalgia

The key is in being able to learn relaxation techniques.

• Posted

Lol i do hypnosis that's relaxing. My head feels tender a bit as well duno why 
  • Posted

yep i do paul
    • Posted

It's mad at moment getting all these pains back and pectoral pains my head feels tender and random pains in stomach
  • Posted

I have also suffered from this anxiety with all the symptoms that you describe,and more,but it is getting the better of me.When I go to bed I am not sure that I will make it to the next day,and when I DO I am so surprised that I am still around!

i watch a lot of T v to distract myself, 

but when a series comes to an end I cannot look forward to the next series as I am scared that I will have become too ill to watch anything any more.

illogical ,I know,because the doctors all tell me it is JUST health anxiety!It probably is,but it is ruining my life as I am unable to look forward to one thing.In fact I do not have ONE social engagement this side of Christmas,but it is nothing new.

• Posted

I feel for you I'm sorry I feel the same it is taking over my life my back is killing me and my stomach too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.