anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm not sure but what ever causes  anxiety in the first place if you go back and do this same thing that caused it and been able to go through it with out panic been able to control it do you think that would cure it 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What works for me is rolling with it, accepting, understanding what it really is, my imagination taking me on a trip. The more you give it credibility, the more it feeds, so starve it, and recognize it's not worth the time, you've got more important things to do.
  • Posted

How can you go back to a place that you do not know where you set off from, for a feason ,that you know nothing about 

Answers on a postcard please !!!!

You certainly aren't sure,,, you got that bit right.

• Posted

People may know what has caused it I know what caused myn go back to the situation that caused it obviously can't go back in time lol go through what you went through on the day it all went down hill try to over come what made it happen
    • Posted

But it hard for some people because it might not be easy to go through what they went through.  Try not to panic and Learn how to control it I have tried it my self I feel better for it not thinking to much about it any more but I will still go through cbt  to keep it away I don't get the symptoms I use to get any more just a few not that many 
    • Posted

Trying not to panic, is like trying to forget, you cannot forget, it doesn't work that way. We cannot get instant amnesia, so why try, maybe the more some people try, this builds frustration which feeds the panic. Some have instant panic, like turning on a light, or better put, turning off a light. I know, for me, I do this absolutely crazy thing, I protrude my stomach, like I'm pretending I'm fat, looks really stupid, but it works, again for me, and I did read about why it works for some people. Who cares why it works, it just does. Just remember that "thing" is like a little punk pretending it can harm you, when in reality it can't do a damn thing, unless you give it life. Mine remains dormant because I've learned, I'm not Dr. Frankenstein, that monster lost it's mo jo.
  • Posted

Exposure Therapy is used for some phobias to introduce people slowly to the thing they are afraid of and by doing so they come to understand that there is nothing to be afraid of.  It is said that after a couple of hours in the scarey situation you will start to calm down and realise that you're OK.  This only works for some peple though.  I know what my trigger is and if I try and 'feel the fear and do it anyway' I just remind myself how horrible it is and it doesn't matter how long - I can panic all day.   I really need to get to the root of my fears and work out what's going on before I can really tackle it.  I'm glad you've found it helpful though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.