ANXIETY

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had anxiety for a long time and its making me ill i cant eat and i have this fear inside me so bad i cant even go to work im on lots of medication for sleeping and diazpham but the anxiety is still there.  i have been off work for a week with a virus and now im worried going back tomorrow please can anyone help.....

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

i think you might need to list the medication you are on and then people can respond to how each one affected them.

im sorry you are struggling. It's not fun at all. I bet it's your meds.

hope you feel better quick 

• Posted

im on proprandol diazapham fluoxetine and for sleeping mirtazapine and zopiclone for sleeping ive also got two dislodged disc so am on meds for that and migraines because i worry too much.  i have been given amitripyline but dont no to take them.  im under a new doctor and he is very angry im on all this medication but ive just been given them from my old doctors who kept given me more and more ive been on most of these for years
  • Posted

Hi there, yes sounds like to much medication. Might need to discontinue one med at a time. Only familiar with the mirt...

I'm so sorry they kept putting you on medication, it's insane I think.

well, anyhow it done and now for a good new doctor to get you off as many as possible. Remeber that these types of medication can turn on you with years of use and actually give you anxiety and depression. Your body becomes immune to any benefit that they might have had. My doctor calls it poop out. Once poop out happens, it like taking nothing. But never go off these on your own with out a special chart on how to wean down.

i wish you luck and hang around here people here are real helpful

• Posted

thank you thats why my new doctor said the same about all the medications im too scared and fear going to work tomorrow i just dont no what to do
  • Posted

Hi,

I wanted to mention there is a good site called CITA....it has a chart that helps with reduction. Are you from the UK? I'm in America, so I'm not sure how the laws work for being sick and getting paid or not getting paid ect....

it wouldn't hurt to take a day off, would it? I mean the back pain alone must be debilitating .....do you have a system of disability?

if you're  from the states excuse me for being stupid.

i think you might be looking at a lengthy reprieve from work. I don't know but it seems like you need to take care of your health number one first

good luck

• Posted

Hello Susan.

I don't know if I can help but I am certainly going to try.

Firstly..remember that you do not have to do anything you do now want to do.

If you make it to your front door and feel you can't go further,then you can go back. If you are even braver and make it to work but can't go in,you don't have to. If you manage to get into work and start work but feel you are not ready for this,then you can grab your coat and go home.....but just maybe....you may get there and get absorbed in work and the day will just as it used too..and you will be fine. You never know. Just be mindful that you don't have to prove anything..you can do what you are capable of and nothing more xxx

• Posted

If you feel better from the virus then go back. Its just the anxiety making you feel worse about things. you have had too long to dwell on things at home.

richard

• Posted

Hi Susan just been reading about all the meds you are on I can't believe it! I hope your new doctor will help and support you in trying to sort your meds out. GOOD LUCK xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.