anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi i suffer with anxiety, is it normal to get pains more or less everywhere, pain in arms legs heart had tests done but still worrying

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think so, I seem to have it to, I think it effects everything, but u don't realize until your anxiety subsides, and get back to a bit of normality.
  • Posted

Yes, its normal... It is just your bodies way of responding to the Fight or flight threat that it perceives... You have to train your mind there is no threat and it should ease a little
  • Posted

Hiya i no exactly how u feel and theres always something wrong with me even though when im occupied i seem to be ok. I have little lumps at back of tongue for 2 months i have dents in head that no1 but me seems to be concerned about and throat and neck feels swollen and bit of ear pain but actual lumps dont hurt would really like some answers as my worst fear is cancer and thats all googling it says 
    • Posted

STOP GOOGLING, its the worst thing you can do, I've done and still do, everything brings up cancer, every symptom I have/had was related to it 1 way or another, I have nodes up, Dr seems OK with it, but I'm having a ct scan for my own peace of mind, I have anxiety health, and when its off I can't rationalize think straight or function properly, I completely get it, but calm down and go see your gp  if your that worried x
    • Posted

I no it can make it worse but i cant help myslef is that health anxiety im too scared to go gp as dont want to find out i have anything serious im only 21 cancer dont really run in my family and i dont understand why i always feel the way i do 
    • Posted

Yes, it is health anxiety! It can get totally out of control, but you should see your GP for support... Its a mental health issue and you dont have to suffer... I did for 18 months before i got help and it was hell on earth!
    • Posted

Ok thanks tracie i just relate everything to cancer im always drained struggle to breath when walking pushing pushchair. Pains in chest and left breast. Just completely no energy i have dents in skull all over doctor said the 1 at top of skull can be normal. But feelz like i found more dents. Dunno if my skull is naturally bumpy. I also got treated for oral thrush for white tongue and lumps at back of tongue what are pinkish there not painful but they been there for 2 months which doesnt help my anxiety sad
    • Posted

You really should see your gp before you get any worse, go and speak to them get it all out,  it helps, even if you get a low dose med, I have diazepam for as and when I need it, its good but it doesn't last that long, but it chills you out and probably will help you sleep x
    • Posted

I sleep fine at night but always tired and dont want to wake up worried is beyond me 
    • Posted

Well at least that's good that your sleeping, but see if you can get something to just take the edge off .I don't like meds really but I have to say diazepam really do help, for me anyway .
    • Posted

Did u get any phisical symptoms with ur anxiety i havnt been diagnosed but feel lile i have just by the way i feel all the time my mum says to me ur always ill. And its so horrible 
    • Posted

I get soooooo many physical symptoms from aching muscles to pounding chest, loss of appetite, diarroeha, headaches, blurry vision lots, but you do still need to get checked out, you could poorly with something as silly as a cold, tonsilitis, ear infection, thurush and it can set lots off making you think your so much worse than you are, for your own sanity go see your gp. 
  • Posted

Yep, googling wont help... My therapist said everyone who comes to see her does it and all improve when they stop! She also pointed out to me that the last 18 months of  me worrying that my symtoms were an imminent sign of a stroke couldnt be as i havent had a stroke and im still getting all the same symptoms... When she put it like that it made sense to me
  • Posted

Hi Dawn ive just been diagnosed with anxiety or so the doctors say but im very apprehensive, i too suffer from really bad chest pains which are severe some days and then other they are just twinges.....i also get these pains in both arms and my upper back, i too had an ecg thats all fine and all my bloods are perfect i am still convinced there is something wrong with me and its very worrying but my problem is i have been prescibed anti depressants which i darent take but having joined this forum i have been chattting to a few people and have found all these anxiety sufferers are experiencing the same symptoms as us, hope this helps!!biggrin
    • Posted

hi danielle youve just described everything i feel, ive had 2 ecgs but it still worries me,ive been on anti depresent tablets for years now i have good and bad days suppose its the norm for anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.