Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everybody,I just started taking Citalopram for my anxiety, I am on day 3 .I lost my appetite ,I have nausea and I feel weak.I am very stressed ,I have an empty stomach feeling all the time and heartburn.Has anyone had the simptoms?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I'm on week 6 and I'm still feeling these exact symptoms. Some days are better than others. Praying for the best. Hang in there! Here if you need to chat. xx
    • Posted

I am so scared about this simptoms ,I am afraid I will never get better,I tried Seroxat first but I felt realy sick,I couldn't eat 3 days .This increase my anxiety.Now I decided to go on citalopram because I couldn't cope with anxiety, fear ,stress.I hope this symptoms will easy little bit
  • Posted

Hi Christina

Have a look at some of the posts on: anyone not had any side effects on citalopram.

You will find this very helpful when just starting out and maybe some of what to expect.

Have a look at some of my posts on there, very like you.

A x

• Posted

There are some weird symptoms. Sometimes it is difficult to explain them. I keep thinking it could be something else causing these symptoms. I ended up in the emergency but they said I am not physically ill but I still worry about my health. I can't sleep at night my gp gave me sleeping pills I never took a sleeping pill before so I am worried about the effects.
    • Posted

Your exactly where i was last week im on day 7 of taking cit and am already feeling a bit better, admitidly the first few days did make the anxiety worse but hang in there it gets much better.
    • Posted

I fell I am physically ill I avoid to meet my friends because I am affraid they will say"what is wrong with you?You look so bad and so on...."I don't know myself what is wrong with me i never thought anxiety can make you so ill
    • Posted

Anxiety is a crippling illness and most people who start these meds get worse before they get better but you will in a few weeks start to come out the other side.

Please check out the thread I mentioned before as it will give you some reassurance that you aren't alone and you will get better.

A x

• Posted

Thank you Amberrose sometimes I feel hopeless and depressed .I do CBT aswell the terapist do not agree with medication she med do not help but I think I need so I stay on
  • Posted

Welcome Cristina!

You have now joined a select club all of whose members have varying degrees worse or slighter than what you are describing!

You will be scared, you will become more anxious that is the way the drug works! Trust me, I went through exactly the same and fortunately, like yourself, I found this forum. A forum of wonderful people who know what they are talking about and gradually took me angst away!

So, whatever the problem, however intimate (remember you can personal message for privacy!) whatever your time zone, just post it here, someone will answer. Even if they don't have the answer they'll keep you company until someone that does comes along! Also, if you feel you can help someone reply to them, believe me that helps with personal therapy too!

Just ride it the best you can as the ups will, eventually, outweigh the downs.

Whatever happens always remember we're all special here! focus on that!

Again Welcome to the club!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanx David .I feel so sick and hopeless I never thought anxiety can be so bad I have been anxious whole my life but now I think maybe I have a disease the doctors didn't discover I was in emergency 3 times and they said is nothing wrong the bloods are fine so all I can do is to wait
  • Posted

Hi Cristina,

I never had panic attacks or anxiety in my life before and when it happened, I wondered what was going wrong with me? I am ex-service and veteran, but no PTSD, whatsoever. So, you can imagine how I felt with this happening to a ruftytufty MAN like me! LOL!

A good friend of this forum, no longer able to take part and impart her valuable wisdom, posted a very interestin discussion on homones v chemical imbalances and I wonder if this could be something you may want to look into as it may, just may, be of some interest to you! We all wish she was still here to take you under her wing.

Never mind there are other wonderful people who may be able to help with what I have raised, as I don't know enough yet to comment.

Keep in touch we're all here not just for help, but to help as well!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you David for your help ,It could be interesting I have no choice I have to trust the doctors to take the treatment and wait...
  • Posted

Fortunately, I trust my Doc 100% as she has guided me from the begining and (through here I know) she knows her stuff!

One way of learning to live with this and find a way to recovery (I believe) is by getting to know all about it. Saying that, do not go scarying yerself! If you find it does scare you then gradually, find out by talking and asking here.

This you do have a choice with!

Just look at how many people have answered your posting! Marvellous!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi Cristina, I'm well into my second week of taking Clitopram, and for the first week I felt awful, but they have started kicking in and I feel a lot better, the sickness and dizyness have all but gone, I'm still up and down, but definitly think it's worth sticking to it.
    • Posted

Thanx Mike,I hope the symptoms won't last for long.I hope is nothing else wrong with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.