anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all well today is a messed up day for me I have been going good for a good few weeks I was down and depressed yesterday and today my anxiety is high that's probably why it's high I feel open to panic attacks today i feel 1 coming on but I'm fighting and trying not to think much but I'm hurting inside I feel stabbing pain in my back and side I feel like it's my heart but it carnt be I go to the gym and I pump every day and if somthing was to happen it would of already I'm terrified about every little thing anxiety is messed up any reassurance would be lovely thank you in advance

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul Just because you go each day and work-out doesn't mean that you aren't likely to get anxious. You need to do something that relaxes you. Watch TV or read a book, something that is going to absorb your mind.  Have you been to the doctors lately? If so what did he say? Are you on any medication? Need more info. In the meantime be easy on yourself and take care.
    • Posted

I have been given medication but trying not to take it the gym relaxes me loads helps loads I have been put on esa because of this illness I carnt seem to shift it
  • Posted

I feel the exact same way. Pain and all. I have even stopped working out for fear of all this. Even after my cardiologist cleared me and said my heart is normal and healthy I still can't seem to let it go. I think chatting about it with others who understand what I'm going through really helps. I'm here if you would like to chat. Stay strong. You will be ok. X
    • Posted

Thank you yeah I love working out before I started the wad a big fear of mine and I overcome it by running helped loads then I started to do body building and I love the way I look the main reason my anxiety started is because of my body and the way it looked I was 9 and a half stone skinny now I'm 11 stone due to training and eating right love it its been ace but this is a big set back I hate my self for giving in to this anxiety malarkey

• Posted

Hey Paul, my dsy sucks too all because of anxitey.. I've had a couple of good days my self then struggling again today. Heads in over drive with anxouis thinking. It's stupid haha. But remember it is just anxitey, jusr an emotion there to try keep us safe but obv ours is whacky today. I find pauls blog on anxitey no more helps me much. If your like me and love sports pauls blog helps as he explains things so you understand and he found running his way or helping things.

I feel the key to tackling anxitey and low mood is by exercise even a little walk or some stretching.

It's just your emotional /adrenaline looking for a way out and it seems mine is by attacks. Paul explains anxiety like a cup filling up qnd over flowing And that is can't hurt us it's just an emotion. I find distractings are good for me and I try to see things as just temp and we will be ok soon. I don't believe in taking step backs anymore I try go forward and then if I have an off day I see it as just I've took so many steps forward it is my body adapting. I hope your feeling better soon just remember you ain't alone

Shez

• Posted

Thank you, I'm at the gym now trying to shift it I carnt live with this emotion any more lol its sending me loopy lol
    • Posted

Haha you can do it lad thank of the gym buzz after. I look at it fitness can only do us good. Intense or a walk it's hhelping our tickers and mental health.. Summer is coming up too so we all will be smiling soon man .. I'm currently eating food trying to perk my self up.. I think we all think we go loopy with thus sodding emotion , but apparently the ones like us who fear it end up to be fine
    • Posted

Paul, do you ever get chest pains whilst working out? I do and that's when I completely stop my workout and end up leaving the gym out of fear. I don't know if that's best or if it's safe to push through it. X
    • Posted

Haha yeah I carnt wait for summer don't help that my gym is closing over that's peed me off as well but just signed up for white collar boxing free 8 week training and a fight at end of it all for charity carnt wait for that
    • Posted

Haha that should keep u busy lad.. Rewarding too. Keep it u! :-)
  • Posted

If you've been given medication and then don't take it how can you expect things to change. Going to the gym is great for you physically and I admire you for working out but you need something that is going to help you mentally. Try the meds or go back to the GP.
    • Posted

No meds for me I have done so well with out using it ill use it when the time comes when I'm at my worst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.