Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Went to see a counseler and befor i lefted she gaive me a card this is what it said hope it will help

STOP TAKE A BREATH

OBSERVE

What am i thinking ?

What am i reacting to ?

What am i feeling in my body?

PULL BACK

Put in some perspective

See the bigger picture

Is this fact or opinion?

How would someone else see this ?

PRACTISE WHAT WORKS

What's the best thing to do for me

for others

for this situation?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

this is what i learned along with my daughter who has panic/agoraphobia a long time ago.  i'd been able to practice it when i was aware of the stresses in my life.  however, this WAS  NOT the first thing i recalled when i experienced MY OWN first real panic attack 2 months ago.  my first thought was "heart attack??"  i had no idea that perimenopause would make my body feel so many distressing things.  but now that i do know, it's easier to get to the calm again.  i REALLY wish that someone (gyne's, mother, aunts) would have told me about the 99 symptoms that i could experience. !!!    i am soooo glad that i have a place to come to and talk with so many women.  smile
    • Posted

Hi kristi my doctors where not helpfullwent to see 4 differant ones one doctor said what do you want me to do a bout it felt sick when i left When i went to see this lady it was so nice to talk and she was understanding felt good when i left seeing her next week

Take care

paula x

• Posted

it's important to have a good response from and with the person who's going to help you keep it together.  i'm glad you found her.  women (usually) are the ones who understand what we're going through.  my situation a few weeks ago was the reverse.  i went to my PCP who studied and has degrees on women's issues.  she is post menopausal... and yet when i complained of hot flashes AND severe cramping during periods, she suggested a heating pad.  a heating pad...with hot flashes!!  sometimes they just don't think.  i told her the ONLY thing that helps take the edge off the pain is pain killers.  she had me speak with our male gyne and he listened (really listened) and wrote me a script for pain pills - something i'd been asking for for months and months.  she just wanted me to treat it HER way.  you have to really sell yourself with these people; MAKE them listen.  that is distressng in itself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.