Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Bit of a strange one but when I have a anxiety attack I feel like my heart is gona beat out my chest and I feel like Iam gona die basically so I just wondered what happens when other people have anxiety attacks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

that's unusual James, so I'd suggest that you get to your GP right away. It was great for me, but I had nothing like that although I've heard of it on this site
  • Posted

Hi,

I think it's different for a lot of people. Personally I get hot tingles everywhere then I feel like a wave of dread as though I'm going to pass out and I go really dizzy. Its horrible though isn't it.

I'm on my third week of cit 10mg, doctor is going to increase after four weeks so hopefully things will get better cause the constant foggy head and dizziness is making me feel awful.

Try and remember you aren't going to die (says her who thinks the same!) I know it's easier said but deep breathing seems to help.

Hope things improve soon for you, take care.

Nicola

• Posted

James, For me I get what feels like an adrenaline rush then the heart starts going 200km a hour it feels like then the fight or flight kicks in.  Not a fun ride to be sure! 
  • Posted

It used to happen to me, but now l take Citalprom so l know longer have anxiety.
    • Posted

Good to here its working, it gets better with time if not after ,2 months ask your GP to increase dose
    • Posted

barbara39684 I ha e been on Citalopram 20mg for just over 2 weeks awful side effects any advice please
  • Posted

Sometimes it's only by having the (terrible) experience you can get to really understand how something feels. No words can describe really what it's like, because words aren't the thing itself. For me it was all out terror, non-stop. Until I started taking 20mg citalopram. It worked day 1. Which was much quicker than the drs were saying it would. For the depression it took 2 months to lift a bit and so on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.