Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I have been having extremely debilitating anxiety lately and I don't know what is causing it. About a week ago I had such bad heartburn that it sent me into one of the worst anxiety fits to date. Then yesterday I was on my way to church and had to turn around and go back home because I started having a panic attack. All I could do was crawl into bed and stay there. It was so depressing and frustrating. I want to wake up from this nightmare!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi sharcerv i went though the same thing .I had counseling it help me alot to talk about what i was going though she gave me some breathing exercises to do it has helped me

hope you start to feel better soon

take care

paula

• Posted

Thank you Paula! I do talk a lot to my two sisters who are four years older than me. I'm nearly 42, will be on New Year's day anyway. My sisters are going through it too. So we express our woes and encourage each other. My mother who is still alive, thank God, is also a source of encouragement where all of this is concerned and I have one of my close girlfriends who is also going through this that I talk to as well. I do breathing exercises often. I have a relaxation app on my i-phone which helps. And above all, I pray to almighty God ever day and that soothes a lot of my discomfort. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Hope you'll be feeling better soon too.

xx

• Posted

I just read your post and wanted you to know that you are not alone in this horrible mess called Perimenopause and Menopause. This change if life for women is definitely not easy. Everyone talks about hot flashes. I am 48 years old, almost 49. I think I have been going through perimenopause since I was 40. So I am almost 9 years into it. The most dominant symptom I've had throughout is Extreme anxiety and panic attacks. It's absolutely overwhelming at times. I know exactly how you feel about crawling back to bed and just staying there. Sometimes I feel like it is the only safe place for me. Yes this terrible anxiety is normal for ladies going through perimenopause. It's scary but normal. I try to really appreciate and cherish the days I do feel fairly normal. The days that I really struggle I grin and bare it and try to focus my mind on other things to distract myself and my panic. Hang in there this will eventually end and the sun will shine for all of us again.
    • Posted

Thank you Debbie! Your words are comforting. Hope you'll be over all this soon as well.
    • Posted

Dear Sharcerv

I have suffered panic attacks generally because of my acrophobia but peri made me have them out of the blue rather than being triggered by my phobia. It was quite scary to have them out of the blue rather than being triggered. Thankfully they have been few and far between, it is comforting that alot of us are all the same boat and we arent going mad xx

• Posted

Yes. This is true but what puzzles me is how some women breeze right through all of this unscathed and the rest of us are suffering like dogs!
    • Posted

I agree with you. This Perimenopause Anxiety is quite debilitating at times. Many of my friends my age seem to be doing fine with maybe some hot flashes. I don't know why some of us get the extreme panic and anxiety and others don't. I am just looking ahead to the day that I will return to the person I use to be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.