Anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been dealing with anxiety since 2011. I am a 26 year old single mother of 2. Anxiety has taken over my life. Some symptoms I have are tingling in my head face arms and legs, headaches, heart palpitations, chest pain, arm pain, back pain, pain in my legs pain in my and my knees, I get hot flashes I mean it's really crazy how anxiety can physically affect someone like that. I'm always thinking what if something bad happens I have fear of the future and not knowing gives me anxiety also. My anxiety started due to a really bad domestic violence relationship i was in, and after that my anxiety was pretty general, but now I have a really bad health anxiety. The panic and anxiety has turned me into a hypochondriac. I go to the er two to three times a month because the symptoms makes me feel like I'm dying. I'm sure I left some symptoms out but due to my anxiety I have developed acid reflux, gastritis, and ibs im always constipated. I hate taking medicine I have just started back on paxil. Before I used it about a year ago and stopped because i thought I was okay. I am also on . 5 Xanax that really calms me down. The anxiety barely allows me to function properly sometimes it is debilitating. I hate this so much I can be having an awesome day and then bam here comes the symptoms of an attack an that turns into a full fledged attack. I am also very vigilant and sensitive to every feeling in my body n everything around me. This does not run in my family and this has never happened to me until after 2011 this sucks,!!!!! I like looking at the blogs knowing I'm not alone in this and that I'm not crazy, does anyone have any advice. I also see a therapist.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gina. Youre not the only one im 23 and i get  tingling in my head face arms and legs, headaches, heart palpitations, chest pain, arm pain, back pain etc. Now stomach is a very strange one i suffer from Acid Reflux also Constipation and stomach pains its horrible. Mine also stops me from going out i have a fear of going into town or being around a lot of people i also sleep a lot mine was caused by childhood also my ex who cheated on me. I dont know much becaue of it. Youll be okay. Im not taking medication yet but i dont really want to but if it helps it helps.
    • Posted

I can't stand the symptoms. The symptoms makes me have an attack. It makes it so much worse.
  • Posted

Ive also always had anxiety and depression for many years more so depression but this last bout has knocked me off my feet and you are right its horrible you dont feel normal and thats all you want to be. This time I have had all of what you have experienced and yes evenbecoming a hypochondriac every sensation you feel and you think its new and you think there is something wrong Im very much into the holistic approach,meditation and healing but even that didnt help me initially. Im back on the anti depressants and propanol and after six weeks I know the tablets supress my feelings but I also know I needed them this time. I am going to see a therapist for cbt and I am also going to have hypnotherapy. I know I have deep rooted issues and no self esteem and confidence this goes back to childhood so Im hoping once and for all I may start to see some light. My doctor who has been excellant in this thinks its part of my personailty but I know its because of the trauma i went through as a child and in the early years of my marriage but I am lucky as I have support of my family and I have a very good line manager that has been brilliant. I have found this time Im not ashamed of my depression or anxiety I know it is an illness of the mind and by talking to my line manager and colleges they have been so supportive as is my family and I feel that is a good thing years ago I would bottle it up and isolate myself. This site has been a godsend because everyone here has been so kind and genuine and I am finding it quite theraputic in a way when others write in and I can share and try and help others with support. I dont know what your financial status is but would you consider a hynotherapist.I have had to save for a month but I feel it could benifit me in the long run Im sick and tired of feeling as I do at times and the constant crying and paranoia  at times.I am starting to meditate again and I drink two cups of chamolile tea I have cut right down on my coffee and I use aromatherapy oils which makes it easier for me to cope with each day a bit better I hope I have helped even a tiny bit take care
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply I hope you feel better. I'm glad you have a wonderful doctor, because that is key to trying to get back to normal I can't stand doctors who don't take anxiety attacks seriously.
    • Posted

Ive met some who dont have a clue when it comes to depression or anxiety but im very fortunate with the one I have now I hope you get the help you need my love 
  • Posted

Gina, I've been battling severe anxiety since 2006, I have all the exact same symptoms, its horrible, I'm up now because I wake up several times a night, sweating profusely, panic, I'm currently on 10 mgs of xanax , gradually going up over the last ten years as you build a tolerance to this medication, I'm at the legal limit in dosage, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR FEELING, I had several immediate deaths in my family in a very short time period and that is when my anxiety started, before careful of the xanax cuz now I'm at a point that I take 2 mgs 5 times a day and all they do is keep me from withdrawal. I have same exact symptoms you described, , I mean all of them and I try to cope best I can, talk to your prescriber and ask for a slight increase in dose , it will help you as it did me but be careful, you will build a tolerance over tiime .
    • Posted

Thanks I try to just take the Xanax on an as needed basis. But I started taking more daily because my anxiety was getting worst and I was not taking anything but that. I'm glad I started the paxil again because the Xanax is just a bandaid to the anxiety and now that I am on paxil I take less Xanax. I'm on 10mg paxil. The only reason I hesitated to take it is because getting off of paxil is hell. But I will worry about that when the time comes.
    • Posted

I'm on 45 mg of Paxil and took it for 15 years. It quit working and it's been literal hell since July 2015. I'm finally trying another antidepressant. They wanted me to get on an antipsychotic, but I just don't want to. I've just gone down 5 mg about 2 weeks ago and it's not been fun. A lot of doctors here won't even give it out unless necessary. Some people can get off of it easier than others.
    • Posted

That's what I hate about taking medicine it will wear off then u have to go up on ur dosage, or go through trial and error trying to find another one. I feel u on this and I hope u find something soon. I feel like I've tried them all and nothing else really works but paxil. I hope I am able to stay on the 10 mg without having to go up.
  • Posted

I have had or are currently getting everything you have described in your post.

It is hard to believe but it is anxiety.

CBT should teach you how to cope

stay strongcool

• Posted

I have all those symptoms it horrible my heart is the biggest concern when it skips a beat.... Feels like it stops beating
    • Posted

I'm sorry Emily my heart is the biggest concern also. But now that I have developed this abdominal pain that has taken over. I like to put a warm day on my head and ice on my feet and in my hands that usually calms me down n takes my mind off of the attack I know it's weird but you should try it.
  • Posted

Have you been tested for food intolerances? I have something called Celiac disease and I had every symptom you have. It didn't change until I started a paleo diet (as part of an isolation diet). I started feeling better when I started to only eat fresh fruits, plain unseasoned meats and green vegitables. I started adding things back to my diet slowly once all my symptoms went away. I also want to add that I had a bad event trigger this in me. Until then I had no problem eating anything. I hope this can help in some way.
  • Posted

So sorry to hear. The symptoms you have been experiencing are very similar for me. The tingling in my face is the worst feeling. Hang in there! Keep talking to someone and remember to breathe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.