Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

So im woth my friends and bf and all of a sudden i felt like weord, but not really bad, and i cant stop thinking the worst, my head hurts and my throat feels like its closing up...im trying not to freak out but idk whats going on

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you know or have you been diagnosed with anxiety? Have you seen a doctor? Let's start there. Let me know. With some more info. I may be able to help.question

• Posted

I am assuming that what happened the other night was the first time? If you have been diagnosed with anxiety, did the doctor prescribe any medication? If so, are you taking it, and is it helping? If not, I would go to doctor about meds to get you past the worst of it, so you can think clearly. Remember, anxiety can literally scare you out of your socks. It's only thoughts, but until one gets a little help from meds, you can only react to these fears, not yet able to thoughtfully respond to and control them. I hope this helps. Post back, I'm here and hopefully others will respond to your post, also. Let's keep going. It will be okay, Stephanie

• Posted

So i just got back from the doctor my ekg looked good once again. I was low on potassium so they gave me 2 big pills to take, also asprin for my chest pain. My thyroid gland was a little off, but not enough to worry about. But the doctor said it was mostly the anxiety and gave me vistaril, told me to take it every 8 hours , which i haven't gotten the medication because i don't have the money.

• Posted

Hooray for you, Stephanie. you took action; not everyone does. It is good to know for sure what it is. I know when the doctor told me what it was, although at that moment I was still miserable, it was a relief to know for sure that it was anxiety and not me going nutso. It helped me help myself. First getting drug help, then coming to this site.

Is there any way at all you can get the money for your prescription? If it is impossible, call your pharmacist and ask if there is a less expensive drug for anxiety, similar to visraril. If there is, call your doctor and ask if it will do, and if so give you a prescription. I'm glad they addressed your potassium. Low potassium can cause problems. You can check google to see if any of your symptoms match low potassium. Another piece of info. you will have.

In the meantime, check google for foods that make anxiety worse, and foods that make anxiety better. That diet change (I make the change the first day i realized how food could affect the way I felt and the level of anxiety. Also, booze doesn't help any.wink

Keep me up with things as they progress. I'm so please for you, and proud of you Stephanie. Keep it up. The forum will be here and so will I.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.