Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone out there struggling with anxiety? And feel like your meds aren't working good enough for you? Well that's me I fight anxiety daily and I hate it I've tried different meds and therapy and nothing seems to ease it up any suggestions?Cat196111

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cat,

I am a lifelong sufferer of severe anxiety and, like you, different meds and therapy don't really seem to touch it. I'm currently on 150 mgs Venlafaxine, 30 mgs Mirtazapine, 150 mgs of Pregabalin and 50 - 100 mgs Trazodone. I switched from Citalopram to Venlafaxine about six weeks ago now. I've had a really, really difficult six weeks since starting Ven, and my anxiety is still extremely high. Not sure how long to give it, or to go back on Cit, which I was on for 18 years. 

I have to fight anxiety all the time. I can really empathise with you! Any suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Amanda

• Posted

Wow Amanda so sorry to hear that anxiety is horrible and very depressing.I take atavan for anxiety but it only helps short term I'm getting frustrated and not wanting to live like this anymore I don't know what to do I'm stuck I need to talk to my Dr about it this is no way to live I feel for you I'll keep you posted ??

• Posted

Hi Cat, 

Yes, I'm sitting here at work after a month off due to severe anxiety and depression, and now I'm dizzy! Great. I am going to revisit CBT - I did a group course in it about 18 months ago - and keep working on my thought patterns and general approach to life. Something's wrong with my current meds regime, so I am going to request another appt with the psychiatrist - he discharges me each time he sees me! I'll keep you posted. All the very best to you, and I'll be thinking of you.

• Posted

Hi Amanda nice hearing from you I think you need a new Dr if your current one keeps doing that to you he's not helping you any I'm starting to do my own strategy with my meds seeing if too much is too much!! For my anxiety.yeah please keep me posted and I'll do the same ?? hope you feel better ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.