Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys need some help / opinions

My health anxiety has started again keep thinking it's my heart and im terrified ive had pain in my upper back and my arms been sore down to my fingers and shooting pains all over it's horrific I keep thinking I'm heading for a heart attack im 24 years old have had multiple ecgs , 2 stress test and an echo with blood tests including d-dimer for blood clots ! I'm so scared any help would be appreciated as its ruining my life .. Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I understand your frustrations, Lisa. The exact same thing happened to me on more than one occasion. Here's the thing, though. You've had all the tests several times. You've talked to the doctors. And you're still young. There's virtually zero chance that anything is wrong with your heart. All of it is anxiety. What you need to do now is figure out a way to manage the anxiety. Have you been to a therapist or pyschiatrist? Have you been prescribed any mediciations to help with your nerves? Things like CBT, breathing exercises, and medicine can help you. You're going to be absolutely fine, Lisa. But until the anxiety gets under control you'll continue to feel worried. The good news is that tons of us on this site know what you're feeling -- and I can promise you, 100%, that your heart is fine and that you don't have a blood clot. Trust me. smile Feel better soon. Peace...

• Posted

Hi dear,

I am also in the exactly same problem,

Done many tests but problem not found.

Even i am unable to sleep.

For you my suggestion is to check your thyroid.

I suffering from 2 years from light chest pain and anxiety and done dosens of tests like ecg, ekg, echo, tmt, stomach tests but no problem found.

Then i think about thyroid test.

Finally i came to know one thing that affects me so much that is my thyroid is low due to which i am facing so many problems.

I suggest toy to check your thyroid.

Thanks .

• Posted

Im really sorry your going through this. I understand how anxiety can impact ones life. For I've lost a job a home and my sanity at one point my anxiety was crippling it lead me into a depression and I ended up getting pregnant bc I thought that might take it away. It didn't it brought on more anxieties. Heart attacks are very rare for a person your age. I always have crazy symptoms and i just tell myself that it will pass. Anxiety is unfair and def changes a person. Im no longer the same happy carefree person i once was. I hope you find something to help relax you and give you peace of mind. Here to talk anytime

• Posted

Lisatia

It sounds like stress and anxiety. Your GP have hit all the pegs and arranged all the tests so it would seem your condion is what it is.

Some of the feelings you are suffering from can have further problems one is posture, that can cause problems from the neck through spine to arm and shoulder, In my Case I have problems down my arms and spine although this is a condition that is chronic and not posture.

Do you have cold hands ??

• Posted

Hi Lisa I'm having the same exact thing and its been going on for over a month , upper back pain near my spine between my shoulder blades , I went to my primary doctor he said its most likely muscles ,.but he said just to make sure I can go for a xray of the t-spine so i went yesterday and got it done and I'm.waiting on the results

• Posted

I am so glad that all your tests were normal. That really good news, Lisatia.

You still sound very worried, though - why, when your tests arre okay?

Any ideas?

love Tess xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.