anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why is it that after i eat i get anxiety, with pressure on my chest and rapid heartbeat. Then i worry of having a heart attack. I live in constant fear of dying. I feel my heart beating on my finger tips. Im a truck driver and it hits me on the road alot. When i lay down i feel my heart pounding hard with chest pains and pressure. Does anybody go thru what i go thru or am i just going crazy? I been to the hospital alot and everything comes out normal. I hate living like this because it stops me from being myself.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah anxiety changes a person. Thats definite.

Have you seen a GP and checked all this out? That might be a good idea for you. You want to make sure your sugar levels are okay and everything is all clear and then you can ask about the anxiety too.

• Posted

Yes, i had a physical about 4 months ago and they drew blood from me for all the test. Everything came back negative.
    • Posted

Thats good. your heart does speed up after you eat. I wonder if you are just really self aware from your anxiety? Have you learned how to belly breathe? Bellybio app can helo teach you. It would help self calm you a bit. 
  • Posted

Hi Alfonso - are you on any medication at all?

Yes, a lot of people go through what you're going through, so you're not alone at all.

That doesn't make it easy to deal with, though. It's very hard to accept that you have anxiety, not  a heart attack, when the symptoms seem so real.

Hope you find a way out of this. Therapy helps a lot of people, aand coming off tranquillisers helps, too, if you're on any.

love Tess xx

• Posted

Have you tried tiny meals, sipping, grazing so there won't be a surge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.