Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

MY health anxiety is through the roof.

Ive had it on and off for 30 years but the past two months its got unbearable.

I lost my Father in august, my child moved out of home and i lost a pet.

I now have some uterine problems im having a procedure done in two days time.

I was in such a state when i visited my GP she put me on prozac. Ive been on it two weeks and i think its giving me symptoms which make ,y health feel worse and more anxiety.

I'm not sleeping properly, and i get shaky, and short of breath. Pains in my head.

I think when the prozac kick in and this operation is over with and hopefully everything is ok with that, my anxiety will calm but until then im sufferring like crazy. Can i take 5mg diazapam once a day alongside my prozac? it might just calm me down a bit.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim omg u sound like me my health anxiety is that bad it's actually ruining my life honestly have u any advice what helps ? I also lost my grandfather so I think that's what's caused me to be like this it's horrible worst feeling ever I honestly think something's wrong with me every day

• Posted

Im not sure if you can take them together but I would imagine you could I was taking diazapam at start I didn't like citalipram so now I'm on amitriplin

• Posted

i dont know what helps really, councelling talking to someone helps a bit. Diazapam is good when im feeling short of breath. I need CONSTANT reassurance from doctors, tests , scans, blood tests. When they give me th eall clear on one thing something else starts to worry me. Im so fed up with this life. This op on friday, if there is something nasty in my womb i dont know  how im gonna cope with it. But i made a pact with myself that if i get the all clear, i am 100% definetely going to do something about turning my life around regarding health anxiety, its totally wasting my life.
    • Posted

Yeah I know I'm the exact same honestly ive had ecgs ecg stress test chest X-ray loads of blood tests head mri scan breast exam it's actually sad it can effect people so bad I honestly cry everyday & ive got a wee 3 year old and my family's fed up with me im only 24 I need to go to doctors constantly every symptom I get I think the worst I now keep thinking of cancer .. What's ur operation for ?

• Posted

My op is to look inside my uterus. I have a polyp that needs to come out which is fine. But they found an area on the neck of my cervix that's a bit abnormal. My dr thinks it's just my shape and not to worry. But I have health anxiety so for the month I've been waiting for the op my anxiety has gone through the roof to the point of having to go back on Prozac. Which in turn is giving me side effects which are also terrifying. Nothing is rational with me and my health. Everything leads to it being cancer. There is no rationalisation with me at all. I'm sick of living like this.

• Posted

Hi Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear of your worsened anxiety. I have taken Diazepam & Prozac at the same time and was fine.

I've had panic attacks for about 25 years too. Sometimes it comes back with a vengeance after being dormant for awhile.

I lost my Father as well about 10 years ago and my anxiety went into a tailspin. I started abusing prescription meds and just wanted to give up.

I know this may sound unconventional, but if you are able to get another pet, I would get one... You have lost a lot in your life lately and need someone to nurture and care for besides yourself.

A new furry friend could take your mind off of things and give you more time to focus on caring for an animal instead of focusing on yourself.

Sometimes, when we have too much time on our hands it is easy to overthink everything. When a person has anxiety we tend to Google our symptoms or if our body feels even slightly different (ie: we can't breathe as well, our chest hurts, we can't sleep, we sweat, get dizzy, sick etc) we tend to feel impending doom.

I got a chihuahua about 4 years ago. I trained her and eventually got her certified as an emotional support animal. It has been wonderful to have a companion & furthermore...another life for me to worry about besides my own

It may be too soon for you, but that is YOUR call. No one can tell you when you are ready.

Anyway, today has been a good day and anxiety is at a minimum. 

I hope you feel better!

Love,

Mindi from Texas

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.