Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought I was the only one that was going through this. I have all of these symptoms below.. Can anybody tell me if they have all or some of these ?

*neck tension

*nausea

*headaches

*numbness/tightness of left side of jaw which comes & goes

*Aching muscles

*tiredness(sleeping doesn't even help, I still wake up tired)

*loss of appetite

*pulsating heart

Just lastnight I think I was having a panic attack. I could feel my top half pulsating while I was lying in bed & I couldn't stop panicing. I had to get up out of bed & walk around while doing breathing techniques. I thought I was having a heart attack which made my anxiety worse.

These are just the things that are happening to me lately. I'd love to talk to someone who is going through the same thing as I think it will make my anxiety better.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get all of theses except my appetite is increased 10 fold! It's so bad I also get a bad feeling where it feels like

I'm

Not breathing even though I know I am It makes me feel insane !

• Posted

Yeh I had that lastnight. How do you cope with it ? Is there any medication that helps you or rememdies ? I hate the feeling I get & want it to stop

• Posted

I also get the butterfly feeling in my chest. Do you get that ?
    • Posted

I have no idea how to stop it . I get it continually for 3-4 days and then it goes I do notice that if I'm

Not concentrating on my breathing it's not a problem but when I focus on breathing that's how I feel . I have serapax prescribed for my panic attacks and I take 15mgs and that works well. But it's not something that I can live on , wish I could tell you how to make it go away sad

• Posted

aw I just finished a visit at the doctors & got told to stop citalopram as that could be what is causing my anxiety attacks at night.

• Posted

Everyone in here is going thru all this as well as about 25% of the population on some level.

You want to get better..You need to admit to yourself what you already know and that that this is all anxiety. Therapy can reveal a quality within yourself that you are denying or a childhood belief that you have maybe you used as a coping mechansim. Until you tell the truth to yourself its basically impossible to make changes within your self. Self Sabatage. The body keeps score and this is how it manifests. If your afraid of yourself there no true connection with yourself.  Therapy is helpful to figure this all out. Step one is to admit to yourself what you already know and step two is take off the blinders. Then you can make changes. You cant expect to go to point to point z asap. You have to do this in steps. Sometimes baby steps, maybe even tip toeing. Point a to point b. Point b to point c. Its a process here. 

• Posted

I have these everday of my life, including chest tightness, scares me have to have the death thinking it's my heart, but its just anxiety.

• Posted

Anything neck on up particularly involving the jaw might be TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorders) which can then bring on headaches etc.  Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) controls involuntary body processes such as circulatory (heart), digestive, metabolic, endocrine and immune systems.  Heart symptoms may be caused by Dysautonomia, or maybe magnesium deficiencies which can also cause vague pains.  Tiredness could be caused by sleep apnea or obstructed breathing while sleeping (maybe also tied in to TMJ or teeth grinding).  Any of this can upset the ANS and kick it into "fight or flight mode" which can then consciously manifest as "anxiety" symptoms.  Western medicine seems to focus on body parts and blaming the mind and I've found too many doctors aren't that aware how everything works together as "systems".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.