Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All

I have posted on this site when I first had my P/E , on July 30th 2016 I suffered a massive p/e and collapsed at home , I spent 5 nights in hospital and left on rivoroxoban ( I had minor chest surgery 2weeks before which is what they think may have caused it but they never said for sure) , I have since been given the all clear from the scans and tests etc and was taken off rivoroxoban at the start of march 2017, my problem is I can't shake the health anxiety it has given me , I have tried medication from the doctor and also hypno therapy and I still can't seem to get rid of the anxiety , I fear for my health every time something doesn't feel right , I should be happy that I have recovered but the mental scars are really taking there toll 😢 I am a 42 year old male with a young family , has anyone else experienced the same ? Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey, Steve, I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm May of 2016, I suffered from 9 PE's and was hospitalized for a week. I'm now on blood thinners for life. I went to the doctor after a few months of feeling anxiety and depression and he put me on Sertraline. It's helped me out quite a bit. I've also started doing Yoga and just trying to spend some alone time to relax, read a book and that's helped also. I'm 39 and a mother and I worry about not being around for my kids. I'd recommend talking with your doctor to see if something like I take may help you. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi

My Gp also put me on those tablets last year but they didn't agree with me , he also gave me diazepam which i thought helped but they didn't want to leave me on that as it's highly addictive , albeit I was only on 2mg a day , as you say I think another visit and discussion with the GP , thanks for your reply xx

• Posted

Yes i just got the all clear from 2 small pes in november 2016. Im coming off the apixaban in a couple weeks but im scared they may come back. Because their not 100 percent on what caused mine but they think from being in the hospital for 11 days. And i have to go back to the hospital for a few days for psych. So im staying on it till i get out.
  • Posted

Im 35 Female.
    • Posted

Hi

They said to me that you only stay on the thinners if you absolutely have to , they don't like leaving you on them , I was nervous of comming off them but you have to listen to the medics , hasn't helped my anxiety though as the thinners were my comfort blanket x

• Posted

I was diagnosed with blood clots on the lungs July 2015 , i was told by consultant later that year that it would be up to me an my GP if after the 12 months period i was to stay on blood thinners , he also told me that if i came off Warfarin ( which i was on at the time ) then the blood clots were very likely to return , so my GPan i talked about it July 2016 an it was decided because the blood clots had been bad an that they could find out where they originated from then i would stay on blood thinners , i came off Warfarin early last year as the blood test / INR was all over the place - it wouldn't settle so my GP took me off it as it was giving me so much upset an that would affect my INR readings , i went onto another blood thinner that wasn't working an so my GP then put me on Apixaban , it can be rather unsettling , scarey getting PE's if the cause is unknown x

• Posted

Hi Steve , I had "spectacular amounts" of pe's in both lungs end of February 2016 , I was 42 at the time , and was in hospital 3 or 4 days and left on rivaroxeban for life .

I haven't had any major health anxiety , I think I am in denial maybe , but the family have said I am incredibly quick to get snappy and/or grumpy about things so maybe that is something , I must say I haven't noticed it myself but several family members say it's true since this all happened . I used to be quite calm before so it could be this , wondering if maybe it's just a venting system ??

All I can say is what the consultant said to me , which is you are here having this conversation so the worst is passed and the rest is just precaution.

All the best

James

• Posted

hi Steve i too had a PE in april 2016 i am just starting to feel ok again mentally, i use stress management and relaxation just at home, i have tryed to put it out of my mind, nobody knows whats around the corner, so please try and stop stressing, i try and think positively ive been lucky and a bonus is ive stopped smoking after about 40years, im 57 and have just become a great grandma, look forward love and enjoy your family, hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.