anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i started having anxiety attacks about 6mths ago, for the first 3 months happening every day & quite horrible attacks to which a few times had to go to A&E. Since then been diagnosed with AF so the propanolol (could take upto 3 times per day)i was on has been changed to Bisoprolol 20mg once a day.

?Admittedly my attacks are not as severe or as frequent as they use to be, but they seem to be coming at times i wouldnt as expected. Mainly driving on roads or areas im not use to. Ive been driving for over 20 yrs, usually very confident driver,but theres been a few situations when ive had to pull over & do my breathing exercises as felt so bad thought i was going to pass out. This is very unlike me, & for my driving to bring these on im just confused especially as ive always enjoyed driving & usually find it relaxing. I mentioned this to my gp, he said give it few more weeks & if still the same he will take me off Bisoprolol & go back to the propoanolol. But he made me aware the propanolol is more for anxiety & not AF as the Bisoprolol i currently take is. I feel confident with my current medication for my AF & the thought of possibly coming off this i dont feel comfortable with, but i know i need my anxiety to be controlled better,any advice please? Thankyou.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take Bisoprolol 10mg also, Warfarin 6mg a day.  It's just as well that I cannot drive as my medication makes me tired.  Have you thought of learning some relaxation techniques from the internet to help with the anxiety?

• Posted

Sorry Dean ... that emoticon was meant for somebody else .... a thousand sorries.
    • Posted

Hi, going through some of my replies yes im thinking that some sort of meditation or relaxation therapy may help me,ill be checking some sites out toinght thankyou.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.