Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, was just wondering if anybody has experienced what happened to me. Well I'll try and keep it short. I went for a pip assessment yesterday and I had been very anxious days before, on the day off it I was extremely fatigued as didn't sleep the night before, also anxiety was very high. Got to my appointment with hubby, he drove me there, I had been falling asleep on way, outside the centre, my hubby struggled to get me out of car, I was using 2 sticks, I found this very difficult due to pain and fatigue. In waiting area, I fell into what my hubby described as a comatosed state, he couldn't wake me. One of the assessors quite rudely asked my hubby if I'd taken too much of my medication!! How hurtful!! My hubby explained that this happens on occasions when I'm very fatigued and anxious. Needless to say they wouldn't do assessment and have got to go back in the morning. I've rang and spoke with my CFS/ME nurse and she confirmed that it is very likely that my body had completely run out of adrenaline, total exhaustion, body shut down. It's not a nice experience for me or my hubby so comments like that are not helpful. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oops sorry, I forgot to mention I had to leave in a wheelchair!!!
  • Posted

Hi, I wanted to answer you yesterday but I got locked out of patient because fir done reason my password wasn't accepted

I have severe anxiety and my pip assessment didn't go well, I didn't get like you but I feel I could have. You will probably need to appeal so please get cab involved. I didn't get my pip mobility despite being you like on crutches and using a wheelchair, I didn't appeal because of the anxiety, I will say this and I swear on my life so please don't delete this patient moderators, the assessor lied, not only that but when I went to another UK country to buy a special electric wheelchair the person I bought it from had the exact same lie with same wording on her assessment paper. I don't want this to upset you I want to inform you that it's us, the disabled against a not very nice government. Get a third party cab on board. I have ms, spinal stenosis and cervical spondylosis and arthritis. I had to then fight to get a blue badge because I don't get pip. Good luck 💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.