Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Seen to have anxiety all the time. Hard to enjoy anything.l and just let go.... Any advice please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison , I sympathise with you!  I have anxiety most of the time . I am 53 and in the last few months I feel I am choking on anxiety ! The thing that works for me is exercise . I try to do pilates classes and yoga when I can and just feel better after as I have accomplished some thing!  Being around other people helps a bit too ! Hope this helps hugs Elaine x
  • Posted

I agree with Elaine. Exercise of any kind works. Plus I watch old movies because they help me keep my mind off of bad things. I talk to my husband all the time as well and he reassures me we will get through this. Even if he has to tell me everyday he does. I am a mess as well and EVERYTHING over stresses me to the point of panic. So trust me you are not alone on this. The anxiety is the worst for me by far. Try some cooking too, sometimes that gets my mind off things. Everybody is different, so try different things. Take care and let us know how you're doing.

• Posted

A little shot of passionflower tincture  seems to help me.   Just enough to let go and move forward smile  Movement, as suggested by the other two ladies here, is also incredibly helpful.  If I've learned anything from this website/discussion board, it's that our bodies all respond to different things.  Keep on trying and you will find your balance, too! <3

• Posted

Sounds like me..  I don't enjoy anything lately.  Just feeling blah.  I try to eat healthier and take walks when I can. I also swim which helps a lot.   I think keeping busy does help even thou I seem to forget what I was doing before I started something new.  Yesterday I tried a new recipe and thought it was pretty good-- the family ate it too. Even thou I don't get a lot of time by myself- I do like having the house to myself doing nothing but watching TV.. Those feel-good movies help me a bit too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.