Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm still waiting my pip appeal I have sent in letters off support I have even got my Local MP on my case. I feel victimised because I work but just have to wait and see the out come of this it makes me feel sick with Anxiety also my dear husband has just been diagnosed with COPD and emphaseyma he can't even talk without getting out breath. These pip people ask such stupid questions and tells nothing but lies but this waiting is doing me no good every day is a struggle yes I work but don't want to but I do!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandie,

When you say appeal do you mean Tribunal or MR stage? If it's Tribunal then i hate to be the bearer of even more bad news but the waiting lists right across the country are huge. Some are waiting 8 months and more for a date.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband too. Life is often set to try us, that's for sure. If at some point in the future you're unable to work then SSP is your first option and is paid for 28 weeks. Then Contribution based ESA after the SSP has ended.

• Posted

It's MR stage which they said can take up to six weeks. We only have my income to pay for everything rent council tax etc. They have said my husband is entitled to nothing as they say I earn enough to keep us both this has been going on since last October whend he could no longer work. We are left with literally nothing when everything paid I know people who abuse the system and they get away with it makes me so mad and angry sometimes... @denise15811 x

• Posted

Only 20% of MR decisions are successful so expect to take it to Tribunal.

If your husband worked previously and paid enough National Insurance contributions in the last 2 tax years then he can claim Contribution based ESA. If he didn't then yes unfortunately he wouldn't be entitled to claim a means tested benefit because of your income.

As for people abusing the system then i have no idea about that. There are so many conditions that aren't visible to look at that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Good luck with the MR and Tribunal, if you get that far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.