Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

My anxiety is out of control i have it 24/7 . i need some relief. My Dr. Won't percribe me benzo's because of tolorance and dependence. Has any one used CBD oil for anxiety? Did it help?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sunny - I asked this question some time ago and didn’t receive any responses. The only info I could find is that while there seems to be a low to moderate risk of interaction with Prozac there haven’t been enough studies done. 

I actually bought some CBD oil capsules (I want a controlled dose), I haven’t taken any yet.... I’m nervous.

My anxiety is about 80 percent controlled... I have lots of times where I feel anxious, buzzy... just don’t feel well. I don’t want to encrease my P dosage as I feel like I just got some of my life back and I don’t want to go through the side effects again. I need a day where I don’t have any commitments and I will try it. 

• Posted

Hi Tracey just wondering how long it took you to start feeling less anxious I have had slightly better days but still extremely anxious feels like I'm back to square one again today feel horrendous this is 9 weeks now my doc won't change me because I have tried so many others before and been so unwell any advice Hun x

• Posted

Hi...jane im in your same boat. Yesterday i felt 50% better today i feel horrible. It seems i developed a pattern every other day is horrible. Its been 7weeks for me the last 2 i moved up to 40mg. I dont feel im getting any better. My marriage is suffering. Trying to hide how i feel from my Boss. Been going threw this since January...your not alone.
    • Posted

It's awful sunnyinca I thought things where slightly moving in the right direction last week and last couple of days it's creeped up again broke down to my sister and she took me Ina walk I was shaking like a leaf felt like I was going to collapse but I managed to hold it together just constant butterflies woke up at 4,30 this morning unable to go back to sleep feel like screaming feel so bad on my kids I'm on my own with them one has cystic fibrosis as well it's been hell I just pray this horrible anxiety starts lifting again don't know how much more I can take tbh xx and thank you so much replying I just hope we pick up asap xx

• Posted

How long have u been on Prozact if i may ask? I'm on week 7 and i feel terrible. Up to 40mg. Not really feels it's working.

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I'm at 18 weeks now. I feel mostly better, but still have times when I don't feel well or my anxiety is up.  This is a real slow drug to work.  I've heard/read that 12 weeks is the minimum to settle.

For me, I felt better initially, but had side effects beginning week 2, all the way through week 5.  From there I have had blips here and there (still do), but gradually starting feeling better.  I would have good mornings and then not so good afternoon and evenings. This is the opposite of most people.  I've found that minimizing sugar and excessive carbs, getting good nutrition, exercise and sleep goes a long way in helping my body handle my stress level.  When I have a blip I can generally explain it due to one of those things.  

Ginger pills and chamomile tea helps me too.  If you aren't already, try and keep a journal of how you are feeling each day and the side effects you experienced that day.  I found that it was hard to determine that I actually was improving because it was so gradual. The journal helped reassure me that I was actually making progress.

Be patient with yourself.  Take as good care of yourself as you can, and try to keep busy.  Give it a good solid 12 weeks before you decide that it really isn't working.

post here often, and vent away when you need to.  It helps!

• Posted

Hi Sunny,

I think this is normal.  I would have a good day and then think I was coming out on the other side, and then would have a couple of bad days.

It sounds like you don't have a lot of support.  Could you talk to someone? Are you in California?

• Posted

Taking 20 mgs since Mid-December.  Was at work one afternoon and started having rolling panic attacks and derealization.  I didn't know what it was and thought I was dying.  I left the office and went to urgent care, was off work for 7 weeks.

In hind site, my previous 18 months had really been more stress than any human should have to deal with.  I was told that your body can only handle so much stress and then it starts flowing over in all kinds of ways.  Some folks get ulcers, headaches, and so forth.... I got panic attacks.

• Posted

Yes...im in California, i have one freind i have open up to. I try to act normal at work and around my kids. My husban is going threw his on things so i don't count on him. Long story. In the past my anxiety was bad but not constant like now 24/7 i feel anxious. I had used Paxil in the past and it would kick in but in about 6 weeks but i could working sooner. By 8 weeks i would be back to normal. My anxiety feels so different this time around. Im afraid that nothing is going to work. Soon ill be off for the summer at home with nothing to do. Not sure what to do. I pray 24 hrs a day.

• Posted

Can i ask if your anxiety comes and goes like waves. Thats how my felt before but now its around the clock. I went to new Dr. he is suppose to be one off the best in our area. He put me on Prozac 7 weeks ago almost 8week and its been awful. Also he percribed Gabapantin to help with anxiety did not work. Now he put me on Buspar not helping either. I feel im going to feel like this for ever. I need help.
    • Posted

Thank you Tracey for your supportive words it gives me some hope I'm just worried because I'm not a bit well and I don't like my boys seeing it although I try so hard to hide it from them as much as possible thanks for your words Tracey x

• Posted

I use chamonile tea and also natural vitality calm that helps me relax.

• Posted

I live on teas but don't seem to help. I tride them all. What kind of pills do use and where can i get them. Ill try anything.

• Posted

See if your doc an prescribe and anti anxiety med to help even out the mood changes. I use klonopin .5 mg dose cut in half to .25 at night about 2 hrs before I retire to bed.

Bear in mind I ONLY use that as a last resort and even then, I cut the dose in half with a pill cutter.  I'm on day 33 of prozac after stopping it cold turkey in early Feb and I have had ALL and i mean all of the side effects posted here.

But I also know it is a slooooooow AD and I have found out that when one goes off cold turkey and then back in, 2nd time around it takes longer to "kick in".

A poster katecogs has put some good stuff on there, try doing a search and perhaps reach out to here via message and she will give you very good supporttive advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.