Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am i the only person to have really up amd down emotions before the hysterectomy im driving my husband crazy as one minute im happy the next im in tears. Plz tell me im not crazy

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Its only natural to feel emotional. Even though i didnt experience this i understand.

Too be honest i was quite nervous but reslly it was so much better than i thought. No issues at all.

I had it vaginally and found tge pain hardly anything.just some cramps for a few days.

Dont worry nicola you will be just fine. Wish you a very speedy recovery.x

• Posted

You aren’t crazy. I cried everyday. One minute I was fine and the next scared to death. Some days I made myself sick.  I can only speak of my experience and tell you that I am three weeks post op back to work and feeling so much better for the most part. I am extremely tired and still a little emotional. But relieved that the worst  is over.  It gets better! Take it one day at a time and allow yourself to feel whatever it is your feeling. 
  • Posted

I had a complete panic attack, hysterical during a cat scanner procedure, a few days before my surgery, it was all such a shock to be told I had a cancer a few days previous, and then be told to get rid of the cancer you need a hysterectomy, with ovaries and tubes, and then some lymph glands to be taken as well.

​YOU ARE NOT CRAZY, just adjusting to the idea of such a big surgery even if you know you need it done, its not a lot of help.

​HUSBAND - just be there for Nicola, tea and sympathy and a hug when needed, some housework would also be nice, and yes she is going to be all over the place.

​Both of you, this is going a be a big change for you both, after I got over the surgery, better than I have been in years, especially with the problems that red week caused. 

• Posted

Hello Anxiety.

You’re not crazy. Many women are going through the same thing. Have you spoken to your surgeon. I also have a question for you. Did you have a full hysterectomy? I had a partial and I still had experienced anxiety. 

Please feel free to reach out.

Take care.

Feel better.

Hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.