Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know if anxiety can cause reflux ?

Kind regards Darren 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I think it does too ., I suffer anxiety and also abdominal pain and acid reflux , and mild gastritis , muscle pain ., Once I take alprozalam all the discomfort get better . So I think my anxiety makes my problems worst and the meds I take , unfortunately if you suffer of a chronic disease you need meds unless you try natural cure that not always work 
    • Posted

Exactly the same thing happens to me. After 16 months suffering from reflux and poor sleep, I started taking 1mg alprazolam to sleep and I see that my reflux almost disappeared. Now I am testing with Potassium and Magnesium to try to achieve the same effects but without using the anxiolytic.

Sorry my English.-

• Posted

I thought this was an interesting question. I did a very small amount of digging and it seems that people definitely think there is a some correlation. There are some natural supplements that you could see if they help if you were hesitant to try regular medication before you had to. If you're interested let me know and I could get you some websites and such for more information.

• Posted

I would indeed by interested in that please Nicholas .thank you both for replying . Darren 
    • Posted

Hi Nicholas,did you manage to find any links for natural supplements?
  • Posted

YES....my anxiety 100% gets my acid going....I have actually felt my acid rise to my throat when my anxiety/stress starts....Its horrible
  • Posted

Thanks . I’ve got an endoscopy tomorrow and I’m dreading it , not the procedure but fear of diagnosis. I’m 52 by the way. 
  • Posted

Exactly the same thing happens to me. After 16 months suffering from reflux and poor sleep, I started taking 1mg alprazolam to sleep and I see that my reflux almost disappeared. Now I am testing with Potassium and Magnesium to try to achieve the same effects but without using the anxiolytic.

Sorry my English.-

• Posted

Ithink it does as only started with reflux when i came down with having anxiety. I get chest and back pain with it also xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.