Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello again I'm 43 just lostyet mum neayou 5 months ago suffering from really bad anxiety just been diagnosed with a heart murmer a mild aortic regurgitation this has really made me scared of dying young my anxiety has hit the roof does anyone no about this condition

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. The cardiac condition you describe is similar to my daughters and it has caused her no problems. She runs and cycles and swims competing in mini triathlons. Shes a mother. Its the anxiety you are experiencing that you need to work on. Gp can give you anti depressants whilst coming to terms with your loss but alternatively you can use alternatives like lavender oil, tissue salts, rescue remedy spray, yoga etc., to calm you. Look into these very gentle remedies and know that your anxiety will start to lessen with time. Your cardiac diagnosis should cause you no health problems. I wish you a long and healthy life.

• Posted

Michelle,

Aortic regurgitation has different classifications and each classification presents a different scenario.  But with mild aortic regurg you're not apt to die young unless it's severe, because it's the strongest vessel in our bodies.  It's tensile strength ( how much pressure it can withstand) is measured at 1,000 mm.  Try to get your anxiety under control, you don't need to be worrying just yet.  I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, I'm assuming she

suffered from a cardiac condition as well, correct?  Heart murmurs can be organic or functional, you don't say what your murmur is.

• Posted

Thank you my mum died from a cardic arythmia which was called by a left ventricular hyprophy and it's scareing me I can't help but worry xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.