Anxiety

Posted , 11 users are following.

How long will it take for ser to start helping with my anxiety?

Started with lexapro to prozac to Zoloft now. I can’t  handle much more of this, it’s getting out of control. I do have  Clonazepam but not really helping. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sertraline is a very slow working drug. ..but it has saved my life. You don't say how much you are on or for how long. ..take it easy. Everyone is different. You will get less anxious as time goes by. ..keep posting on here as there are some very helpful people here

Good luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hi Sherri!

I really feel for you... I understand what it is to have to change from a med to another.....

How long have you been on those med?

Of course, while switching, your body exoerience the withdrawal of the previous one and the starting side effects of the other.

You might want to go slow on dose increase and let your body adjust to the med.

They say 4 to 6 weeks but it can go to 8 weeks. Depends on everyone.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Sherri, everyone is different as to when med will kick in. Usually 6 to 8 weeks. And it also depends what amount you are on and if its the correct amount for you . Its a hit and miss with the correct dosage. I started

On 50 and now 100. As soon as you and your doctor gets it to where you are feeling better, you will feel better. Since you were on different medications you might have alittle harder time but as soon as your body adjusts to this med you will have less anxiety. The side affects that i got was severe anxiety and panic attacks. I now hardly ever have anxiety, but even on this med you might have an occasional bad day here and there. You will overcome this. Let us know how your doing.

• Posted

For me it took at least 6-7 weeks on 50mg to start feeling better. You didn’t mention your mg or how long?? 
    • Posted

Are you still on 50 mgs and if so how long has it been?  I’m so much hoping I won’t have to go in soae also on 50 mgs.
    • Posted

Hi Alf yes I’m still on 50mg and it’s been about 8 weeks, and I can tell you for me the 50mg is working fantastic and I have no intention on upping my mg anytime soon. 
    • Posted

So there is still hope? I am on 50mg for 20 days now and started with 25mg for two weeks before that. Some days I feel ok, other days still awful and have panic attacks and Anxiety. 
  • Posted

I have been on sertraline on and off for number of years now and it really is a fantastic med for anxiety. It only took about 4 weeks to work for me and doctor put me straight on 100mg and I didn't have any side affects at all.stick with it it realy works. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Sherri there is nothing i can not tell you about suffering , if you read my history, it started from 14, i am now 54, it took all this time to find out how to help myself , and i am still learning and still getting help, and that is why i am on this forum so i can help others with my experience as i have been through hell and back, if people want my help so be it, if not that is fine, , i have, depression, anxiety, severe migraines, ibs, ocd, bdd, eating disorders, and got through a brain tumour, and did try to commit suicide 3 times so glad it failed, and i am here to tell others there is help for all of you, but one thing i believe in stronger i dont agree when people tell you a drug is brilliant and saved their life and it will do the same for you, not true, you see what works for one person does not always work for another, we are individuals, some it is great had did save their life so i am saying that they are not wrong for them but it may not suit you, and the reason i know because i was on it for a long time and it may be very ill, and i have been in touch with a lot of people on this forum , and a lot have told me that some have worked and others have not, some like me have counselling, some believe in alternative medicine like me, but i also believe , you need medication that suits you, weather its this one and you can take both if it helps medication and alternative , you have to try it let it get into you system about 6 to 8 weeks and if you feel nothing speak to your doctor if you feel ill, or have side effects like me, get in touch with your doctor earlier, well sorry its a long message but i not only want to help you, i hope this help others too, plus i am still suffering and have my good days and bad days but i am now getting the long awaited help i need , thanks if any one reads this now i need rest as i have had a long night as i suffer insomnia too eek

• Posted

Hi Sherri i just sent you a message and they stopped it for no reason except i was giving you good advice and the story of what i have been through, but it was obvious no good or not allowed to say because i am not sure , i have no upset any one i have just said what i have been through and poured my heart out, and i am sorry if upset any one was not my intention but if that is how this forum feels when all i have done since i have joined is help people, then i think it is time to leave, i am sorry but if i can say about my health problems and how it affects me, and how i can help you , no point being on here, sorry again if i have upset any one but i know i have not if you see my profile, so now it is time for me to go, thanks for all your response and i am going to miss helping people
    • Posted

Sorry about you leaving but it happened to me too. I'm not tech savvy but maybe its just what happens. I do hope the best for you. 😎

• Posted

Hi Jay,

The only reason your post went for moderation is because you used the word "suicide". We have to check posts that mention this due to clinical governance in case any user is suicidal and we can offer information to support them. Posts will get approved at the soonest opportunity and sorry if you felt as if you "had done something wrong". You haven't and I hope this has not put you off continuing to post. Your post above has now been approved in full.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

|Hi brenda thank you but if you go down lower  you will see that the people who look through the messages and make sure they are fit to go through got back to me and apolgised, they were worried about a word, but they said everything is fine, and they would be sorry to lose me, so i have decided  to stay because i do love helping people , and i have done since i joined, and people have helped me cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thank you for your response and i do understand where you are coming from, and it is good that you care so much, and you have the decency  to say when the person has done nothing wrong, i enjoy being on here and i found it very rewarding since i joined, and for that i have decided to stay
    • Posted

Great , glad to hear that. We all need support from each other. 😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.