Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been dealing with fairly major anxiety for the last few months ever since a panic attack, which was triggered by a few health concerns, not specifically the fissure. Now, the anxietys quite general and there are multiple triggers, but the anal fissure is the most reliable one. 

My anxiety is at odds with my rational side, since I know everything is OK and everything will be OK. My fissure is closed for the moment and I am not in pain. I live both with the certainty that it will open up again and with the fear about the next time it happens, and yet I also know that it won't be a big deal when I see blood again.

I have just started seeing a psychiatrist to work through this. I take anxiety meds when it's bad enough. 

Would be happy to hear how others of you have dealt with anxiety relating to the fissure.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to here about your anxiety. I don’t get anxious about my fissure I just hate the pain. I guess just try and deal with the pain as it happens. Worrying is not helping fissure heal. Stress isn’t good for any of us. In fact I’ve read it is can be the worst thing for healing fissures.  Remember your not alone with this and people are out there to help. Stay strong and exercise heaps. Btw a bit of blood is nothing to worry about usually.  Think about all the good things.  
    • Posted

Thanks for your support 😃 I used to be able to deal rationally with the problem, not that it was fun. But now I can't control the physiological reaction. Hopefully time will heal my mind as it has (basically) healed the fissure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.