Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I have mental health i also on pip I got my first review form 2 weeks ago witch my sister filled in my anxiety and mental health is really bad with worry because scared they going to take it away from me or I have to go for f2f I feel sick I can't eat sleep my head hurts and crying all the time I am struggling finacally now so it will b worse if they take my pip away

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I completely understand the way you feel. Every single person feels exactly the same way as you're feeling right now when they go through these reviews, even those that don't suffer with anxiety feel it.

Expect another face 2 face assessment as most people have them even for a review. There's no time scales to how long this process can take, it all depends on backlog in your area. Some wait 2 weeks for an assessment date while others can wait 6 months.

I'm assuming you sent evidence with the form to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. Even though it's a review the evidence is still needed.

If successful you'll be given a new award date, otherwise your current payments will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made on this claim regardless of the end date on your current claim.

The best advice i can give you is treat this as a first claim, rather than a review and the face to face assessment will be exactly the same as the first time.

Good luck and hopefully you're not waiting too long.

• Posted

Both my sisters sent letters of with the form about how I struggle day to day and and only other evidence is my gp if dwp contacts them I not been for assessment before but really scared

• Posted

Letters of support from people that know you well is good evidence if they state exactly how your conditions affect you. This sort of evidence is better than a letter from most GPs. Do you mean the first time you had a paper based assessment?

• Posted

I don't understand what a paper based assessment looks like I haven't been for a f2f before the review form was asking me lots of questions

• Posted

A paper based assessment is when no face to face assessment is needed because they have enough evidence to complete a report without the face to face.

There's always an assessment report written and returned to DWP decision maker for both paper based and face to face assessments. These reports are always available for the claimant to recieve a copy by ringing DWP after the report has been returned.

• Posted

so does that mean I had paper based cause it was asking me loads of questions again all this is making me feel so I'll sorry for going on and thank u

• Posted

No, that would have been just the review form. Everyone is sent the exact same thing when going through a review.

Once that form and all your evidence in sent to the assessment providers then they will decide whether a face 2 face assessment is needed. As you didn't have one the first time then you could have one this time. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi i am also going through a review at the moment and i know it stressful but really their is nothing you can do once you pop it in the postbox so please just try to forget it because no matter how ill you make yourself it will have absolutely no impact on the outcome, they actually don't care how you are feeling and will not take this into account for your benefit.

Remember though that its approximately 78% of claims and reviews are granted so only 22% fail at initial application.

i have both physical and mental health issues and if i lost my car i would be housebound the majority of the time or restricted to my wheelchair for a good deal, but

spending the next however many weeks stressing over it will not help.

I wish you good luck though and if you have filled out the form the best you can and added medical support paper work then hopefully yours will be fine

• Posted

Those stats are little excessive, i'm afraid. 44% of those claiming PIP for the first time are successful, 49% of reviews go onto have another successful award, 72% transferring from DLA have a successful PIP award, only 17% of MR decisons change and 71% of Tribunal decisions are successful.

There's 2million successful claims, 1.5million been refused and 65,000 decided to withdraw their claim. Stats are from July 2018.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.