Anxiety

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies

what anxiety means to u ? How u feel when ur having this ?

I am having anxiety alot these days

its very common in Perimenopause i head .

any tip to overcome this ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I almost became and ANXIETY myself with perimenapause. I have just been putting up with it. I am not taking any medication. GP s have been very keen to give me antidepressants. But I have refused. But my life has changed a lot. I almost got used to living a strange life with anxiety and living in isolation. However time to time i know this is not true me and life shouldn't be like this. In my recent visit a GP prescribe me an pill for anxiety: SERTRALINE. I bought it but haven't used it yet since I am scared of the side effects and how long it may take till I actually get the benefits..?. So now I am at the stage I might take this medication to see if it really makes any change in the quality of my life. Have you been to the GP? What do they say to you? All the best

• Posted

Hi mam

Anxiety is becoming worst symtom for me now a days.

me too feel not to go anywhere .just want to stay in my bed full day..not feel like doing anything

Thinking to visit my GP next week.

lets see how much she can help me.

Tk

Wish this Peri will pass soon for all of us

• Posted

Hello sunaina

The anxiety has always been the worst part for me. It's slightly better taking hrt but it can be : a feeling of doom/dread, adrenaline rush, nausea, rapid heart, feeling faint or dizzy, physically shaking, feeling unbalance, wobbly legs, shaky voice.... Which makes work and meetings a bit of a pain. To overcome it I run, walk, do yoga when I can, do mindful meditation and acupuncture. I take hrt, menopace, evening primrose, hemp oil, kalms nighttime for sleep and very occasionally a diazepan. Hope that helps xxx

• Posted

Hi there, your symptoms sound nearly identical to what I've been suffering. I also get terrible derealization sometimes which terrifies me even more then crippling anxiety to begin with. I wondered what kind of hrt you are on and how much it's helped you...? As I've been thinking of going on it but to worried to. As so many negitive reviews on hrt these days... Many thanks Rachael

• Posted

Hi Rachael

Think this was for me, but if not sorry! I'm been on kliofem now for past 3 weeks, but I was on bhrt for a year previously. I'm 43, and my menopause kicked in last year and I felt absolutely awful. I don't think I could have managed my symptoms without hrt to be honest. I'm usually someone who takes a holistic approach, but the anxiety, blood pressure problems, iron and thyroid problems were just too much and I was struggling to function. I've found bhrt and hrt really helpful and I try not to dwell on the longer term consequences because when you're at the point that your body can't regulate itself, you have to do something. Have a think about it and of course you have to be comfortable with it, but you may find it helps. Sara xx

• Posted

Hi Sara! Thank you so much for the reply and information 😊👌♥️ I know what you mean to, I'm also usually the same, try everything holistic...But also finding I'm at breaking point and think I need to at least try some kind of hrt. So thank you again for the reply and information. Hope all goes well for you, take care Rach xx

• Posted

Hi, i have suffered with aniexty for many years but feel it has gotten worse thru menopause. my dr prescribed me xanax, this you take as needed but it does work to calm me down because sometimes mine reach a full blown panic attack.

i do go for walks also in the evening as i feel it makes me sleep better

• Posted

wow nice u go for walk

Walk is too good

these days i have shaky legs and off balance issues so not able to go for walk 😭

• Posted

hi hunni

sending you lots of kind thoughts whilst you are struggling.

i felt the same very recently and struggled on but it got to the point it was drastically affecting my whole life.

So i started HRT (gel and tablets) and now practise meditation, yoga everyday and mindfullness. I also switched to a vegetarian diet.

Its not a quick fix and patience is required but after 6 months of dedicated effort I now feel really good and almost back to pre- menopause me!

I have a few ongoing issues im still working on but I've made alot of positive progress.

I hope this helps for you and I wish you all the best with your journey through this.

take care

lou xxx

• Posted

Hi Sunaina,

Yes anxiety has been that main culprit during this time and I believe this is what brings all the unwanted symptoms.I am not taking any antidepressants for the fact that I am not willing to deal with the side effects, that will make my anxiety worse.The things I have done which have all been very beneficial is counsilling, they teach you CBT which is very beneficial. Essential oils, diffusing lavender and rolling them on pressure points. Then the hardest one which is in my opinion the only way is pushing through it. There are many days I want to just hide out in my house, or cancel plans as that would be the easy thing to do, but all we do when we do that is feed into more anxiety......so I make myself, and once I do I get a huge relief and high when I overcame it. I live a very busy life, working, courses, advocating, and raising children, hiding at home is not an option, and don't kid yourself I have had some horrible effects from anxiety that have landed me in the emergency room so I am not fluffing this off as I know how bad it is. We just have to have the mindset to not let it over take our life.

• Posted

Thanks alot for motivational words dear

ur right hidding in home is not option..we have to face it

i wish we all will be ok soon .tk

• Posted

Hi sunaina

I have to echo Kelly, and I know it feels absolutely impossible sometimes. I felt that way last March, and stayed home, stopped working and doing day to day things... It didn't help. Actually it just made going out a really scary thing, I'd be so anxious and off balance just doing basic things like shopping. I literally had to shove myself out of the door, and the more I did it, the less scary it became. I started just going for a little walk each morning and that helped to build some confidence. There's never going to be a good time to start living again, but unless you want to carry on as you are, you'll need to make a start no matter how small. Get some fresh air sunaina and things will start to seem a little more hopeful. You can always climb into bed after, but at least you'll start your day on a positive mindset xxx

• Posted

I sometimes have anxiety in the morning before I get up.. At this time I get on the floor to do some leg lifts, or push-ups or something just to make it go away. I feel a little sick, hopeless like 'oh no what am I going to do with my life'-- it's just scary to me. No one is up yet so I just stay on the floor until I"m ready. If I'm feeling anxious during the day-- I try to keep busy doing some deep breathes. Again I just feel hopeless, jittery maybe wobbly and shakey which then I don't feel like doing an errand. Walking is good BUT I hate going by myself-- I like talking to someone as I"m walking.I just wish it would go away!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.