Anxiety about death, constant over thinking. Not enjoying anything

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm jittery, anxious, and constantly thinking about my own death and my family's. I know it's hormones and not taking anything for menopause symptoms.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Shelley, me too and I'm not taking anything either! I'm expericeneing  everything you said and SO SO SO much more!

• Posted

Yes completely understand. Had a horrific time with obsessive negative thinking through my life but with Peri meno it took on a life if its own. It almost sent me crazy. I'm on bio identical hormones now and with my hormones being more balanced its almost completely gone away.

• Posted

Yup that's me. After a difficult year of tests and biopsies, all good s ok but my psyche is not. My jittery feelings became shaky, sweaty, over anxious. It got unbearable. I didn't really know if it was a disease or anxiety attacks. My Dr put me on a very low dose once a day of Xanax and it helps. I quit after 9 days and it got worse. Dr put me back on and it is a little better. I have a busy month and cannot even get to a therapist. Never been to a therapist in my life.vi never even took pain killers! Now here I am...

• Posted

Hello.

Yes, I have anxiety, panic attacks, depression, weepiness, agitation, irritability, anger, melancholy, racing thoughts, insomnia, thoughts I can't control, thoughts of doom and gloom and many physical symptoms too.

I am having acupuncture twice a week and it is helping with the sleep and emotional issues and helping with constipation and frequent urination and night sweats.

I'm putting off HRT but may try Bioidentical HRT.

You are not alone. There are many posts here that have helped me SO much. It helps me to know I'm not alone.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Shelley, omg. your not alone as your not alone as you see from all these ladies, including me.  been nervous and anxious for a year and 1/2 now..hoping the end of peri is tomorrow! i think i cam coming to the end. but i been taking HRT for a year, and t helped somewhat. makes me a little more like myself for sure...but i still suffer bad days and then there are good days that i take full advantage of. You must try to push yourslef to do things you love, regardless how crapy your feeling.  It will get better.  Just hope for all that its soon!  hugs to you...feel better.
  • Posted

Yes..  I went thru a couple weeks where that's all I thought about...  I was in a panic Oh My Goodness my parents are old 'what am I going to do when they go'  It was an awful time..  Then I was thinking about my own kids and how can I protect them...  Just sad and tearful.  Just hoping that I go first so I don't have to go thru any of it-- selvish I know but that's how my mind was thinking..

• Posted

Acupunture does help and I need to get back to her.  She is patient, listens and assures that I'm not crazy.

• Posted

Omg this was me everyday for aboi t 6 months

Or so. I was put on a low dose BC back on Dec which took a few months but has def helped. I still feel the same as you from time to time but those symptoms aren't as long or as strong. Acupuncture has helped me so much also. Esp foe the anxiety keep your chin up know that this won't last forever and knmow that everyone here is here for you. We are woman we are strong. Sending big hugs.

• Posted

50 in just over a week.. normally very happy but there's the worrying about death, hypochondria and all that fun stuff... no major aches or pains, but the growing old thing is getting to me.. bleh. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.