Anxiety about losing close people and time

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I lost my fathet over a year ago. People used to tell me that only time would make me feel better, but the opposite is actually happening. I keep thinking about how time flows fast; when I travel or go to any sort of event I think of how quickly it'll be over and also I feel a sudden sadness and perhaps anxiety. I also think of when I'll lose my family and friends and how difficult things will be, the changes I'll have to go through.

If anyone could help me with that... I know I need to look for a therapist but I'm also not encouraged enough to do that right now, the reason why I'm looking for some sort of online help.

Thank you very much.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear Pedro,

Go to the therapist ASAP ... I struggled myself for years and health anxiety did what I didn't expect it. I started CBT and fluoxetine to calm down...

It's my advice...Do not wait...

Regards

A

• Posted

Hello Pedro,

I am very sorry for your loss. Please dont be too hard on yourself. 1 year is no time at all to fully grieve for your parent and we all experience the process of grief in different ways. Yes, talking to a therapist might help you and so might talking to friends and family too. Online help is out there if you wish to try it out as are telephone lines ( thinking of the samaritans)and books on the subject too. Little by little it will get easier and of course there will be days when its very hard still. 30 years after the death of my own father and i still feel sad when i think of everything he missed in our lives. Sadly you will lose people you love and that is very scary and almost too painful to even think about. Try not to dwell on this if you can. I read a quote once but cannot remember who it was by .... "Look to the living, love them and hold on".... Life is a scary ride sometimes but there will be good times too. dont despair, what you are experiencing is "normal". Certainly seek advice where you   feel you can but take comfort in the fact that there is help out there to help you work things through and people wish you well. 

• Posted

i lost my mothermay 16 2013 then lost my farther july 23 2013, 68 dats apart from each other. mother had c o p d, farther had a bad heart. but any ways. loosing them was hard for me for i was there for them all the time, helping do work at county land, having dinner. it was was hard for the 1st year yes it was. but i put my mind to doing things like working with wood, ridding motor cycle, seeing freinds. try to keep your dad in your heart not your mind. they are watching over you,    hope this will help you out
  • Posted

Please see your doctor.in some areas you can refer yourself to therapy. I have just done this and though there is a wait I hope it will help. Many people say talking to a counsellor helps. But a year is NOT a long time to come to terms with losing a loved one, don't be hard on yourself, and ignore those who say you should be getting over it now. It never leaves you, but you learn to live a different kind of life. Please do go to your doctor and good luck.
    • Posted

ya you are right, never goes away, but we learn how to live a differnt life. we never get over it but we learn to deal with it some what in a way where we still live our lives
  • Posted

I have an appointment to see about getting cbt next week, hopefully it helps. Maybe joining a few social groups would help even a book club or something to take your mind off it? Take care
  • Posted

Thank you all for your replies. It really helps to know I'm not the only one to having been throught that. I have tried CBT before, it helped for a while, but it seems like things are getting back, even worse. I feel saddened by seeing time going by so fast... But I'll follow all your advice and will look for professional help. Thank you again!
  • Posted

Hi Pedro ive lost my mum my dad and my 21 year old nephew in four years I know how you feel but you need counselling to get through it im going to bereavement counselling now in three weeks time with Cruse I'm hoping this will help me move on with my life xx
  • Posted

I hope I can help. Your state of mind is grieving. Beareavement counciling first and medication as a last resort. Grieving is a process one has to experience in your own way and you will need time and support as you do it. I lost up to 6 bank cards in 2 months and was frustrated I couldn't understand why until councilling made me see that I was grieving and because of this my mind was not focused on everyday practicalities. The grief took over my mind whatever I was doing. People need time out to grieve. Death is not the end. Visit a spiritualist church and you can receive free healing and also people in church can help you more than you will ever realise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.