Anxiety about random dizzy spells?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had random dizzy spells for 6 years since my son got really sick he is fine now. I have anxiety worrying about driving and having a dizzy spell or being anywhere other than home when it happens ! I have been taking 10mg of citalopram for 1.5 years and I still have random dizzy spells scares the crap out of me. I increased my dose to 15mg 4 days ago. Has anyone ever had citalopram get rid of there dizziness? How can I go more than 10 mins from home if dizziness can Happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The same thing happens to me where I am afraid of going anywhere, what helps me is Nature Bounty peppermint essential oil or peppermint oil. My sister introduced it to me,I put some on a napkin or paper towel and use it all day long. It helps me with headaches, stuffy nose, dizzy spells, and nausea. You can find it in walmart in the vitamin section or health food store. It does not take them away but it helps clear your head.
  • Posted

I'm on citalopram 10mg myself for 5 years it is normal to have the dizzy spells and I'm going through one now lol. I just try to lay down it will be there but it goes away. I know it's annoying and scary but hang in there. Supplements do work somewhat. But everyone's brain chemistry is different.

• Posted

Citalopram hasn't taken away your dizzy spells? How do you find the courage to drive with not knowing when they will happen?

• Posted

I don't drive so I can't relate to that but I do walk to work and other places. One time I was on my way to work and I swear I was going to pass out hard. I just kept my eyes down and took deep breaths and finally got to work and sat down it passes. If you're in a car try to pull over and take deep breaths with you eyes down. If you are going to work etc. Give yourself extra time just in case you have an episode. It's scary when it happens but I know it'll pass and isn't serious.

Hope this helps! Be strong hand in there

• Posted

Citalopram is the cause to the dizzy spells in my honest opinion. Please don't get scared by this but I'm just realizing it has drug interactions including acetaminophen and antibiotics sad I'm surprised you pcp didn't recommend a different drug for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.