Anxiety after dvt and pe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone I am new to this so here’s a lil background information I am a healthyb29 year old woman who 11 months ago was diagnosed wit dvt and pe cause from birth control we have a clot disorder in my family but I do not have it my mother passed away from a lot of major clots in her lungs when I was ten ever since I became an adult I was nervous of t and then it happened I am off bc will never go back on it I was on xaerelto for six months it’s been five since I’ve been off but now I have anxiety bad about getting another and I have symptoms idk if my symptoms r from anxiety I think so I’m pretty good at knowing but the anniversary of when I had my p e is in a month maybe that is y I am anxious? Please let me kno if any of u still have or get super bad anxiety sometimes I don’t wanna end up in the e r all the time for anxiety I think I’ll know if it’s real enough to go cause i did the first time this anxiety is taking a toll on my marriage and my life I just wanna kno if there’s ppl like me out there 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had my pe in november 2016. Ive had 2 ct scans in the last 4 weeks. My mom has had 3 pes since her 30s she is now 55 but on blood thinners for life. I do not have a blood clotting disorder but i get peranoid all the time of getting one.
  • Posted

And ive been off blood thinners since may 2017. Been on asprin and fish oil.
    • Posted

Thank u so so much for replying back to me it helps me to know I am not the only one did u have ur ct scans cause u had symptoms and got nervous and everything was good wit them ?  I am on baby aspirin now but even though I know that I get so anxious how do u deal with all the anxiety from it ? Do u feel crazy wen u go to er if it turns out to be nothing ? After I went off my blood thinners I was scared of a stroke cause my mom and sis had one at 30 I was scared my anxiety gave me serious symptoms of one like face dropping and everything i ended up in er now I always feel dumb when I get symptoms they don’t make me just I do myself I will go if I ever feel like I did the first time but it hasn’t gotten that bad yet thank u again I was scared to join a group or talk to anyone about this sometimes I feel crazy cause of how scared and worried I get 
  • Posted

Yes sometimes because i felt i had symptoms. But latley ive been having these breathing issues and i think its due to the beta blocker my cardiologist put me on. My cardiologist thinks its my lungs so im seeing a pulmonologist tomorrow. Im only 36. I usually feel fine other then having a hard time taking in deep breaths sometimes. But it all started the very next day i started beta blockers. So i dont know. Hopefully will get answers soon. But ya i feel silly sometimes always going to the er but its my money and my body and there job to make sure im ok.
    • Posted

Omgsh it has been so nice to talk to someone finally who understands and has gone through it ! Ok good to know u went cause u felt like u had symptoms I might end up going tomorrow if I don’t feel any better just to make sure I really like how u said ur money n their job they make sure ur ok I hope u get answers soon I hope ur ok this all is scary and u must be scared but also want answers I wish u the best of luck ! I can’t thank u enough for taking the time out to tell me ur personal things and for listening i appreciate it more then u know ! 
  • Posted

I hope all goes well for you too and private message me and let me know what happens.
  • Posted

Hi Shauna, I also get crushing pains 9 years after my PE.

I have learnt that blood clots can damage nerves and cause scar tissue. I was also told there is a condition that emulates blood clot pain, a kind of ghost type symptom. I find life very tough and have been pushed to my limits of pain management on many occasions. You are not alone, feel free to chat anytime.

Regards Keith

• Posted

What caused yours and are you still on

thinners?

• Posted

Thank you for responding I did kno that they can cause scar tissue but mine wasn’t very big at all it was rather small cause I caught it early but maybe there is still some kind of scarring I didn’t know there was some type of condition that causes the ghost symptoms it helps to kno there’s others out there dealing wit the same thing thanks ! Hope u feel better I kno life can get very tough cause of all this 
  • Posted

My PE happened five days after spinal surgery. I was on Warfarin for just 6 months. I have also another spinal problem to deal with along with the chest pain problem.
    • Posted

I am no longer on blood thinners I was only on for 6 months I take a baby aspirin everyday my doctor said it would help ease my mind a lil as it thins ur blood a lil and she says she thinks mine was caused from birth control 
  • Posted

i, too had one last Christmas, saddle pulmonary embolism and a bleeding ulcer i didn't even know i had. im having a blood test next week to see if i get off of xaerelto and i have mixed feelings because i felt "safe" taking it. super anxiety and depression and anxiousness are definitely an everyday affair....i am seeing a therapist to help me get thru these hurdles. hope this helps and i'm here to chat and vent anytime.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.