Anxiety after eating

Posted , 4 users are following.

who else gets heart racing after eating bad? I hate it and is my wost symptom of anxiety

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

All the time, especially later on in the day/night time rolleyes
  • Posted

It's not a symptom of anxiety, it's a normal thing that happens. It's your body working to process food. You're just associating heart racing with being anxious.
  • Posted

It is normal, even for "normal" people. Just those of us with anxiety notice it and we worry about it. Eat smaller meals, less sugar, no caffeine, less processed foods and it will not be as noticeable. But since it is totally normal for EVERYONE, just embrace it as ok.
  • Posted

It's blood sugar spiking. Try to eat smaller meals more often and try to reduce sugar and carbs. Protein, fiber and healthy fats (nuts, avocado, olive oil) help keep blood sugar on a more even keel. Don't drink fruit juice, go for the whole fruit instead-the fiber reduces blood sugar spikes. Try to eat lots of veggies, a little meat, very little grains, pasta and white rice should be very small amounts.

I get anxiety when my blood sugar crashes, so I try to eat something like a hard boiled egg or some nuts every couple hours.

• Posted

Thx it's mostly when eat big meals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.