Anxiety and all the "diseases" I have had because of it

Posted , 4 users are following.

So far my anxiety has caused me to think I have had a heart attack, congestive heart failure, a aortic aneurysm, a aortic dissection, pulmonary embolism , a DVT , and tachycardia ... I ended up going to ER two weeks ago cause my heart was racing and when I did the initial EKG the nurse was like she saw something in it and then after she was oh it's nothing actually, which now is all I think about ! Ugh idk where I'm going with this post im just so annoyed by the way I think now. Btw im a 20 year old male

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well she obviously didn't see anything, did she? Otherwise steps would have been taken to treat you medically.

Look at all the "things" you thought you had. None of them a reality. You're still here to tell the tale smile

Anxiety, that's all it is. Don't let it get out of hand, okay?

• Posted

I hear you I have really bad health anxiety too... And every time I think i have something new I think to my self I would have been dead a long time ago lol....
  • Posted

I think all those things too I'm struggling so bad my symptoms has changed a bit I get these pains in chest all over at different times last a few sec but I also get this burning sensation pain comes across chest scares me so bad. I had ekg two weeks ago nothing abnormal just fast heart rate

• Posted

I shouldn't worry, Pamela. People with anxiety  often have burning sensations in the chest. It's usually down to heartburn. The stomach soon unsettles when suffering from stress. I get it a lot, so much so I have ongoing medication for it...Lansoprazole 30mg to be precise smile

Worrying will create more stomach acid and will result in the chest burning sensation to intensify.

Also tension causes the chest muscles to tighten and this causes pain.

Both are common symptoms. Please don't fear them, okay? smile

As or the ekg, you were probably anxious about the results and thus your heartbeat quickened. I'm sure the doctors will have reassured you on that?

• Posted

I was a nervous wreck while taking the test cause I've been scared thinking heart trouble. This burning pain seems to be more in the skin, bone areas then in my esophagus like indigestion.i have been watching and monitoring my bp and pulse seems if I'm up and about heart rate will go up and bp will fluctuate it's so annoying and scary.

• Posted

Well I can only tell you what I know from my own experiences.

Burning sensations, non related to the stomach, are also common. I experienced it on top of and to one side of my scalp. It felt like my head was on fire. I know other people experience it in in different parts of the body.

You should not be monitoring your BP and pulse because this is literally "watching" to see all is well and adding anxiety. BP fluctuates. That is a normal pattern. It does not mean there is anything amiss. I have high BP so I know quite a bit about it smile Many people who go to the GP for a blood pressure reading find it rockets to new heights. This is White Coat Syndrome, ignited by anxiety. That should tell you if you are anxious about the reading, it will rise accordingly

It's not easy to let go of fears. But being on constant guard is piling on the stress. You are literally making yourself worse, something we have all done in the beginning, it's part and parcel of AD but it is the first hurdle and one you must concentrate on overcoming

• Posted

Okay, very observant. Now what? What your plan to deal with all this? Are in therapy? Cbt..something else? You need a plan to tackle this
  • Posted

That's one thing anxiety will do. It plays games with your head and body. Many of the physical symptoms that anxiety brings are some of the same symptoms real medical problems have. I have this too sometimes. When it happens think about if you were stressed or anxious before. If you were, it's probably the symptoms of anxiety. It's a awful and scary thing not to know what's real and what's not. Maybe look up conditions that anxiety mimics and get familiar with it so when you have these symptoms, you'll know anxiety could be to blame especially if you've been anxious and stressed out. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.