Anxiety and alternative medicine

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi just wondered if anyone has used alternative or natural medicine for anxiety I'm at a particularly tough place at the moment and copra lex isn't doing the trick 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sue,

I too use complimentary remedies.At the moment I begun using ine which is for phobias ,fears,and anxiety.However due to the rules in here I cannot post the name of the product or the name of the person who prescribed it for me.I can however send you it in a private message if you like

Millyimp1322

• Posted

I take Rescue Remedy with me EVERYWHERE, both the spray and the pastilles. I have no idea if there is any evidence to prove it works but it does help me for the short term. I find my tough times come in spates of 3 or so days then tails off a bit and I use it regularly during those bad days. x
    • Posted

Hello Jenny, I'm curious what is rescue remedy? And can u take it with prescription meds for anxiety? R u n the states?
    • Posted

Hi Jennifer, rr is a bach flower product which comes in spray, lozenge or droplet form and here in the uk can be bought from health food shops, large pharmacies and supermarkets. Some say its a placebo effect and others swear by it. Some vets use it for their animals where presumably placebo effect is not apparent in those cases. I take it everywhere with me and use it when i feel a panic sensation coming on. I personally find it useful. Im not on scripted anxiety meds but i dont see why you couldnt take it. May I suggest look on the website for more info? All the best 
  • Posted

Sue... I have always wanted to give it a try but never quite new what route to take . I know taking herbs can be just as harmful as taking the wrong meds. I have seen ALOT of natural remedities at my local herb shop but don't wanna take anything unless I know exactly how it works plus I know u can't mix it with prescription meds.
    • Posted

Jennifer,

There are some natural  remedies that can be taken with presciption medicines.

But you need to ask the health assistant ,they are usually very up to date with their knowledge.

As I said in my posting,to Sue,I am now trying one out for ,Phobias,Fears,and anxieties.

Thes I buy online from a very very well known person ,known all over the world,not just here in the Uk.

But again I cannot post either the product ,nor the person ,as it will be monitered and probably classed as advertising .

I can do so in a private message to anyone wanting to know this

feel free to pm me ,

millyimp1322

• Posted

Hi...I was wondering if you might be able to send me that info? I try to live a very natural lifestyle. ...thank you smile
    • Posted

Hello JSLMS,

Yes I will send it you in a private message ,

millyimp 1322

• Posted

I have had severe anxiety for many years inherited from my father. I am still on medications, although the dose is now very low; because I can handle my own stress through learning deep breathing taught in Yoga and meditation. I do Yoga as often as I am able. I meditate when stress is building up. I walk my dog at least 3 times per day and I try to remain positive in everything that I do. I also set small measurable and achievable goals that keep me on track in life.

If you can't overcome anxiety, then you have to work with it in your life and try to take control it by creating a balanced wholeness in life that benefits your well being. It is hard, but it can be done with some support as well.

Try not to waste your money on stuff that promises cures. Face your difficulties head on and make small steps to overcome them!

Good luck!

• Posted

Hello Gail,

I am so glad you are able to face and deal with your problems,sadly not everyone  is able to do so,in the same way your have done.

The things you suggest are of course all good and positive things to do,when you are able to .

But as for wasting money on things that promise a cure,I think most people are aware of these claims,and avoid them.

Complimentary remedies,bought from a reputable person , though are not in that catagory,yes some of them are expensive intially.however I have yet to come across something that hasn`t worked for me personally.I suggest to anyone  who asks me and who has an interest in complimentary remedies ,to at least give them a try,if they find they work fine ,if not they have not lost a vast amount of money.

millyimp1322

• Posted

I suffered in anxiety since surgery 3 years ago....can I recommend you try a book called Mindfulness, finding peace in a Frantic World. By Mark Williams and Danny Penman. It gives breathing and meditation techniques to stop the anxiety from taking hold. Not a quick fix but good to take control . I am off meds and only take vit B complex....I thought I'd never find any peace of mind.....still good an bad days..please try it....hate to think of others suffering the way I did. Best wishes
  • Posted

Hi Sue, give Niacin a try but before you do research the net on it, you can take 2000mg of it but if you get the "flushing" type you need to build up the dose. It's supposed to be great for anxiety but I didn't notice much difference, some people get results from it. Most places like boots or other health food stores stock it. Also take a vitamin B complex.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.