Anxiety and anger

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi doeS anyone else get times of real anger with anxiety? I am feeling real flashes of anger, directed not at anything, it disconcerting as I'm never ever an angry person!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jmc

I do get very angry but mostly it is directed at myself for being this way. I'm not usually an angry person but when my anxiety is so high, I get very irritable and even something simple like someone sniffing a lot can make me feel like I'm gonna blow a fuse.

• Posted

Hi there, yes i find anger a real issue sometimes, it makes you feel like your head will explode, do you get other anxiety symptoms ?
  • Posted

Thanks Joone, yes Claire, im a long term anxiety and ocd sufferer, anger isnt a usual thing with me, now and again i am troubled with it. tonight i just feel like im really on edge, everything makes me want to snap - just wanted to check if others feel the same at times
  • Posted

I hope it passes soon, its just another symptom to deal with. As you say you are a long term sufferer, are you on any meds for your anxiety xxxxxxx
  • Posted

Sometimes symptoms seem to be endless with anxiety smile What I find helps with anger is watching old tv shows I used to like.. For some reason Blossom works best!! A bath also helps, it seems to dissolve bad feelings for me. What does everyone else do for anger? smile
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, no Claire, no meds. Just to complicate matters further I'm very phobic of all meds. I am in therapy. Yeah No one, I do the old TV show thing too! That's the only way I can sleep at night! For me its Frasier, friends and will and grace. Talking of therapy, does anyone have experience of the priory? I ask because I see on their website they offer a free session with a clinician. I have been trying for a while to get funding from the NHS to attend - with no luck unsurprisingly. They look like a great place, I think they would be a great help
  • Posted

Sorry that should be Joone, not no one- autocorrect lol
  • Posted

I actually don't live in the UK Jmc so I'm afraid that I don't. I'm trying to find some CBT at the moment but I also do Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), I like trying alternatives. I, too, have problems taking medication. I had to go on folic acid tablets and was even scared of that!! I think I will have to get some meds for anxiety soon though. I was on Lexapro before and it worked really well but it was very hard coming off of it so my doctor suggested trying Sertraline when I'm ready.
  • Posted

Yes anger and tension. You want to rip peoples heads off for slight things. It's normal when anxious
  • Posted

Thanks Neil. Its passed now, i ended up with a pretty major panic attack - then after some deep breathing it left. now just back to the default feeling of fear and health anxiety. jeez!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.