Anxiety and blood presure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello to all anxieties,

I am 65 years old and suffer from anxiety and depression, among other things. I am under treatment with mirtazapine 30 mg. For me, everything started when I was 26 years old and with a 30-year break it came back in force in 2012, then in 2019 until today. I have good times and bad times, like today. I wanted to ask you if you also have increased tension due to anxiety or panic attacks? This is the thing that bothers me the most. I have an obsessive fear of high blood pressure. I ended up taking my blood pressure 20 times a day. What I have noticed is that anxiety increases my blood pressure and not the other way around. When the episode starts, my stomach tightens and then I think my blood pressure is rising, I run to the machine and....14-15/8-9. And I got even more scared. This takes approx. 15÷20 minutes after which it returns to normal. I would like to know if anxiety and panic attacks can increase blood pressure so much.

I wish you all the best.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would say it most deffo can, in fact when I have been in hospital and my blood pressure is very high the medical staff always say it can be nerves. But I'm not a doctor, so maybe ask your doctor next time you go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.