Anxiety and brain aneurysm fear!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My whole life I have dealt with severe anxiety but over the past year it had escalated into health anxiety. I know that a lot of the things I feel are due to my anxiety but some of my symptoms are so bad that it’s hard to believe anxiety could be causing them. For the past couple of months I have dealt with awful headaches and and odd sensations in my head and brain fog/ de realization. I went to a neurologist who sent me for an mri which came back normal with just some wear and tear in my neck( do to extreme stress). I am now terrified that I have a brain aneurysm because I have all of the warning signs. I just got my mri done 4 months ago and I’m now scared that one could of developed over that period of time! I’m not sure if it’s even possible for one to develop that quickly but I thought I’d give it a shot to post on here to see if anyone has any insight on brain aneurysm and how they work to give me some peace of mind !!! 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello there, sorry you are going through such an aweful time.  I dont have any experience of brain aneurysm, but what I do know is, as I am a first aider, if you had the same symptoms when you went for your MRI you can rest assured its not an aneurysm it would have definitely picked it up if it was also if you had a bleed on the brain your symptoms, over 4 months would have excalated so rapidly, well it would not have got to 2 months at all as you would have been taken to hospital for an operation.

Anxiety and stress can cause many weird symptoms that plays tricks with your brain and you believe you believe you have something terrible going on.  If the symptoms dont subside I suggest you go back to your dr to review your medicines as they arent controling your symptoms.

Good luck and try to keep calm, Take care and let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.