Anxiety and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since my younger brother passed away 5 years ago somebody put heroin in his arm whilst he was drunk and just left him to die it's something I cannot and will not ever get over. I'm on 200mg sertaline daily plus anti sickness tablets every day as get shakes really bad. Always thinking something bad is going to happen it's affected me that badly I have night mates and weed the bed also have constant Diorhea some days I feel like I'm losing my mind I've had my pip assessment but in post today told me not entitled to anything. It's not like I claim for anything I work full time been in same job for years but because I can go work every day I'm fine they say.... I'm ok just going to work and come home don't go outside the door apart from that. But this has put me right backwards

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandie,

I'm sorry to hear all of that.

People do claim PIP and work but you do have to be careful especially if that person is contradicting the reasons why they're claiming PIP to begin with, If you understand what i'm trying to say.

PIP is all about how those conditions affect you daily and about a diagnosis. Have you taken a look at the PIP descriptors and the points you need to score for an award? If you haven't then please do google it and take a look. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? This would have been needed too.

You now have 1 month from the date of that decision to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) If you haven't got a copy of the assessment report then i'd advice you ring DWP tomorrow and ask them to send you a copy of this.

You'll need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. If you did send in evidence then i'd advice sending more with the MR letter. They very rarely contact any DRs/Consultants for any medical evidence. Please bear in mind that only 20% of MR decisions are successful, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. 65% of those who appear at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. Tribunal waiting times can be anything up to 1 year, it all depends on backlog in your area. Some people have been waiting 1 year for a date. Its a very long process.

There's also a PIP self test that you can complete online, this will give you some idea what you could possibly score (evidence needed of course) If you google PIP self test it will come up. Links can't be posted here, sorry.

Good luck.

• Posted

@mandie25872  Dear Mandie,  How my heart aches for you, my younger brother passed 2 and a half years ago, quite suddenly, although we knew that he could never recover from his illness.  I comfort myself that one day we shall meet again, I am waiting for that blessed day.  Blessings MaryLip
    • Posted

@MaryLip thank you every day is a struggle my brother was only 32 and I still cannot get over it every waking moment is a nightmare even leaving the house to come to work I get violently sick but have to work to pay bills etc if not I wouldn't leave my flat x

• Posted

@mandie25872  How I feel for you, mandie, as I said before, my beloved brother passed away in November 1915. I can't think of him without crying.  I was lucky, he was my brother for 68 years, we were so close.  I really, really, feel for you, your little brother being so young.  I know that grief is the price we pay for love and a price well worth paying.  It is cruel what happened to your brother, in my book he was murdered, I hope the culprit paid the price.  Take care of yourself, life is cruel, but all shall be well, one day.

• Posted

That is what I have said from day 1 he was murdered and NO they just left him there to die they got arrested but all let off with it. I was the one that bought him up from a baby it is 10 years between us I had to arrange his funeral I visited him at the funeral home I just couldn't leave him still haunts me every waking day. I still cannot believe he's gone I'm even crying writing this to you I miss him so so much but all I get off some family members is you should be over it by now (idiots) I'm on 200mg sertaline sickness tablets as I get violently sick with Anxiety constant shakes my life will never be the same again I have my brother home with me. Thank you and I'm sorry for your loss as well God bless x @MaryLip

• Posted

@mandie25872  There are some things we never get over, mandie and losing our brothers is one of them, some people don't know what they are talking about or have hearts of stone.  If you would like to keep in contact, please do so, I know I can't stay on the computer very long, but at least I do understand what you are going through.  Blessings, MaryLip

• Posted

@MaryLip it would be a pleasure to keep in contact as we both going through same thing I've even had one doctor to basically get over it can you believe that my heart is broken so now I see a different doctor please keep in contact sending love x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.