Anxiety and depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

i have depressed all my life and have tried to kill myself several times however never seeked help as i thought the kids will be taken into care .

now following a recent incident my anxiety is sky high and i am having dark thoughts . have been on cilotropam 10mg for a week but not feeling better. thinking of harming myself as cant seem to deal with currrent problem

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First off, please remember that you have many people that care about you - your kids and family, and even us "strangers." I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through a hard time. There are alot of people on this forum that are helpful in the sense that they, too,are struggling. Also, Citalopram definitely causes heightened anxiety in the beginning days/weeks. Please don't feel that something worse is wrong, as it's very common until you adjust. Hang in there, you have a whole host of support here. I promise it will get better in time.

• Posted

Hi She/i would suggest you go and see your doctor for help,and the medication which you are now on will give you side effects for 8/10 weeks.How old are you.You definitely need to see your doctor for help.

• Posted

Please dont harm yourself. These meds are very helpful and take time to work. I too was in a dark hole and didnt want to take meds. I decided that I couldnt cope anymore. I started the cit and had awful side effects but persevered and Im now out of the hole.

Think for a minute how selfish it would be to leave your family. They need you around. Dont scar them for life. Once the meds start helping, youll look back and see how far you have come. As slways, we are here for you on this forum. people here also helped me through a dark time. Please reach out to us.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. i am trying to push trough with the medication but some days are too tough. its been a week now and i understand it can take upto 3/4 weeks before i see improvements that worries me.i would really like to go back to work

• Posted

I also do CBT. That really helps me learn different ways to cope. When you are feeling anxious, tell yourself what it is and it will pass. Otherwise, its like a snowball effect. I understand its hard to punish through but it will get better. Take it easy and relax. Surround yourself with your kids. My family pulled me through all the tough times. Please keep us informed. You can do this.

• Posted

ps dont rush to increase your dosage. drs think increasing will make us feel better faster. That is so far from the truth. Stabilize on 10mg first. You may not need to increase at all. You can feel when its stabilizing. Some try a low dose of valium to push through initial side effects. It is jowever addictive. Use with caution and only when needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.